pro9000/2 paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pro9000/2 paper

Just got my pro 9000mk2 printer, but wondering what paper people prefer with their pro9000's, I only use genuine inks and currently ilford gallerie classic paper.

Re: pro9000/2 paper

Based on my experience of using the Pixma 9000 pro for a couple of years.

For Glossy, use the Canon Premium Pro or Platinum, for everything else use Permajet - but get their bespoke profiles - easily done and free

Martin

Comment

Thanks Martin, I will check around for the cheapest prices and give them a go.

Comment

Warehouse Express is about the best for Permajet paper.

PM me if you want more details on the profiling system from Permajet

Martin

Comment

Dani, an example is waiting for you on Permajet, plus some other 'Goodies' let me know when you get it!
          Steve ARPS
          www.untamedimages.co.uk

Comment

Hi

I have a pro9000 and experiemented with a few papers.

I find the canon products absolutly fine, but wanted to use PermaJet Oyster having heard such good reports.

I send off for the profile and installed, but I'm still having major problems with the output. Skys are too blue and browns have a green cast.

I emailed the tech desk over the weekend and now await a response.

I'm sure I read on another forum you can tweak these profiles but can't sus it ....... any ideas?

Regards Chris
            http://chrisbirding.blogspot.com/

Comment

Chris.

Happy to help you out off line on this one, if you are printing via CS3. I am fully conversant with this printer and the paper.

Martin

Comment

Sorted... appreciate your time Martin

Chris
                http://chrisbirding.blogspot.com/

Comment

I use Fotospeed paper on my 9000 mk1. They do a free profiling service and are happy to spend time with you on the phone if you are having difficulty. the papers are excellent and they have a large range depending what final finish you are looking for. Results are excellent, cannot reccomend them hightly enough.
                  Craig

Comment

Chris,

Pleased we got you sorted. Always happy to help.

Martin

Comment

Hi,

I have a Pixma 4500 and use Permajet Gloss & Oyster 271, but have just tested Tesco's Finest Gloss and I was impressed with it.
                      I am thinking of getting the 9000 II, but what paper sizes does it list? I've found the 4500 limited in this respect, as I want to print 9x6, 12x8, and 15x10plus others and have to resort to my old Epson all-in-one as it has a huge range of paper sizes. I don't want a another Epson and the 9000 II takes the same inks as the 4500, but if it only prints on the limited range of the 4500, plus A3 of course, then I'll have to rethink things.

Comment

My current 9500 and before that my 9000 printed any size I wanted up to A3+.

Because I set the size parameters of the image in Photoshop

Martin

Comment

Cheers Martin, I thought that would be the route I would have to go down in the end. I've just got to save a few more pennies to get 9000II now then.

Comment

My next question is this.

Are you a big monochrome worker? If so, then you will need the 9500, as the 9000 just doesn't cut it on mono.

If you are not then, the 900 will be fine, and is excellent

Martin

Comment

Don't do a lot of mono, but you never know, so it's worth thining about, cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X