Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stitching panoramas from high contrast RAW images

Hi,

i'm trying to get to grips with my first photos in RAW, which I took because they were high contrast landscape scenes with bright highlights and dark shadows.
    It seems the simplest way in Digital Photo Professional is to use the highlights slider, and then the shadow slider, then save a jpegs for printing.

However, some viewpoints I took several shots to stitch as panoramics and there doesn't seem to be a stitching facility in DPP for RAW, but there does in Image Browser EX, so I guess I can only stitch jpegs. I've stitched these into panoramas but then obviously can't process to improve the shadows and highlights separately in opposite directions (I can only change the brightness of the whole image). Presumably I'm trying to do something that's impossible?

Is the only way to improve exposure on a panoramic to first process the shadows/highlights in each individual RAW file separately first, then to convert these to jpegs, and then to stitch my "improved" jpegs? My only concer with this is that I might not get all the shadows and highlights matching so the panorama stitch might be weird and obviously a stitch.

Re: Stitching panoramas from high contrast RAW images

Make adjustments then batch process to jpeg and the adjustment should be applied to the jpeg. You must save the recipe though for it to stick
    Paul

Comment

Working...
    X