Picture Styles - User Def.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture Styles - User Def.

I have recently revisited jpeg picture styles on camera and have a problem with user defined styles. I can successfully download styles and then load them into the camera (7D). My problem occurs after switching the camera off. On switching on the user defined styles have reverted to "standard" (the default?) and I have to scroll through each style to locate the downloaded style.

Is this normal? I expected the style to remain set. If not the norm suggestions please on what I am doing wrong. Once set again the styles work as planned.

Thank you in advance,

Mike
    Mike in South Australia
    Cameras
    EOS 5Dlll and EOS 5DII
    Lens Tamron 24-70mm f2.8, and 70-200mm f2.8, Canon EF 17-40mm L f4, Canon EF 200mm L f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.8, TCs x1.4 II and x2 II, 12mm extender.
    Equipment Manfrotto Tripod with Really Right Stuff ball head, Speedlite 430EX and Yongnuo YN568EX, plus other bits and pieces.

Re: Picture Styles - User Def.

sorry can't help never used them
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Same again; I don't use the Picture Styles, which are intended for JPEG output really...

But, I seem to recall reading somewhere (but may well be mistaken!) that the additional picture styles can only be permanently applied in post-processing... You can though adapt one of the three User Def styles to the settings matching the style you require I believe...
      Cheers;
      Lee
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
      5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
      17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

My apologies, I am wrong and have now resolved my problem! In short finger trouble! Many thanks. Mike.
        Mike in South Australia
        Cameras
        EOS 5Dlll and EOS 5DII
        Lens Tamron 24-70mm f2.8, and 70-200mm f2.8, Canon EF 17-40mm L f4, Canon EF 200mm L f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.8, TCs x1.4 II and x2 II, 12mm extender.
        Equipment Manfrotto Tripod with Really Right Stuff ball head, Speedlite 430EX and Yongnuo YN568EX, plus other bits and pieces.

Comment

Hmmm I have my styles set to how I like my photos to look when finished ,that way when the j/peg is viewed after upload to aperture I get a rough idea of what I was trying to achieve ,before I edit the raw file .works for me anyway

Comment

Don't you have to save the settings within the menu somewhere? Otherwise every time you restart the camera they revery to what they were before. This is applicable to all settings not just picture styles.
            I only shoot RAW but if you pp with DPP it will by default apply them when opened and you can then change them if you wish. Since I've been using LR they are a bit pointless for raw shooting as the software strips the setings all out when it loads the file. (I believe).
            TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

i process on a i.mac in apeture 3 ,when you load up the pics it loads them as you see it on the camera as a j/peg when you start to edit your then editing the raw as far as i,m aware anyway

Comment

I started this thread when I was having problems making Picture Style Editor work. I too shot with Raw but I can see times when a jpeg would do! Picture style editor allows one to use a raw photo as basis for setting a jpeg style. This is what I was interested in; trying to reduce pp time. I have to say it seems to be working for me! I can set a style in raw, convert the style to a .pf2 file and use in camera as a picture style, and then have a suiteable jpeg at the end! For this I am now downloading jpegs with Canon's DPP, batch converting to keep the canon "formats and corrections" and then using Photo Shop Elements if required. In RAW I use DXO Optics Pro which I like.
                regards,
                Mike
                Mike in South Australia
                Cameras
                EOS 5Dlll and EOS 5DII

Comment

Working...
                X