Yosemite and Photoshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yosemite and Photoshop

Yesterday I accidentaly downloaded OS10.10 Yosemite, appeared in top rhs of screan dragging it away which I have done for months managed to press download and there was no stopping it and with that the nightmare began, I have used the Adobe suite CS5 containing photoshop, indesign and illustrator, none of them would work at all, said needed a Java plugin, ... found that and indesign and illustrator worked but alas photoshop just did't want to know. "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occurred. Photoshop will now exit"

However you try to open the programme the response is the same...

Apparently from the limited i know the latest version of OS does not contain JAVA which the Adobe programmes need and there is no going back.,Apple don't even have the old opporating system.

Ideas.... an answer... anything... please

Don't get caught

Nigel

Re: Yosemite and Photoshop

so glad I've not updated yet as I use a lot of Adobe programs with my work

I'm sure when I was considering upgrading to Yosemite ( a moment of madness) I found that you could revert back to Mavericks - Have you looked into this ?
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

This might help:
      Mac users who require Java and who have installed OS X Yosemite may have discovered that a prior version of Java is no longer functioning under OS X 10.10, and that older installers don’t work to i…

I have not tried this myself. I've only just upgraded to Mavericks and won't be going anywhere near Yosemite for at least a year!
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
        This might help:
        Mac users who require Java and who have installed OS X Yosemite may have discovered that a prior version of Java is no longer functioning under OS X 10.10, and that older installers don’t work to i…

I have not tried this myself. I've only just upgraded to Mavericks and won't be going anywhere near Yosemite for at least a year!
        agree - like most things it came out of the box way to early

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

I did the upgrade - mainly because I bought an new iMac and wanted a clean install of Yosemite on it. I found it was a pain using iCloud to share documents between the iMac and the Macbook, so the Macbook got upgraded as well. So far, no major issues apart from Photoshop Elements 12. I'll be installing my old Elements 10 this weekend to see if that works OK. Downloaded JAVA from Apple and that works OK.

If anyone wants me to try anything, let me know.
          Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

great feedback Jock, cheers

The main programs I use are for webdesign so its pretty unlikely you'll have those installed and I just need to hit a few designer forums as I'm sure those guys will have upgraded

Comment

Originally posted by Jock View Post
              I did the upgrade - mainly because I bought an new iMac and wanted a clean install of Yosemite on it. I found it was a pain using iCloud to share documents between the iMac and the Macbook, so the Macbook got upgraded as well. So far, no major issues apart from Photoshop Elements 12. I'll be installing my old Elements 10 this weekend to see if that works OK. Downloaded JAVA from Apple and that works OK.

If anyone wants me to try anything, let me know.
              Elements 10 will work it is the smart tool for 11 & 12 that broke. Adobe's fix is to upgrade to 13, which I did, and it works. Everything else worked after I did the upgrade .

Tom

Comment

A mate of mine shares his i.mac with his son ,who downloaded Yosemite the other night on it ,he had a nightmare with it re his FLICKR account and also aperture 3 ,I helped /did the work and somehow or other actually got it all up and running again but it took a good couple of hours ,and to be honest I still don't know how I actually managed it

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                  Elements 10 will work it is the smart tool for 11 & 12 that broke. Adobe's fix is to upgrade to 13, which I did, and it works. Everything else worked after I did the upgrade .

Tom
                  I am holding off going to Yosemite for a while because of the Elements 11 smart tool problem. I thought, however, that the Elements 11 and 12 problems only occur when using a trackpad. So Jock, try it with a mouse before going to 10 (preferably wired but I'm not sure if that is necessary).
                  Canon EOS 7D
                  EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                  Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                  flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Yosemite and Photoshop

I did a clean install and both LR5 and PS CC works as normal
                    Last edited by rajjayaraj; 07-11-2014, 19:45. Reason: update
                    Raj
                    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by rajjayaraj View Post
                      I did a clean install and both LR5 and PS CC works as normal
                      Me too
                      James
                      James Boardman Woodend
                      www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Working...
                      X