Canal walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canal walk

This buzzard was performing beautifully despite being mobbed by a lesser black backed gull. The Gull had also been diving at the Mallard chicks which then came and sat right next to me... Could have done with a bit more DOF on the ducklings. Both Buzzard shots are cropped. EOS40d with 100-400, ISO 800. The jackdaw is also cropped but got it just as it landed.
    All seem to have lost some sharpness on upload. Does it work better if taken from a website?
    buzzard2.jpg
    buzzard1.jpg
    ducklings.jpg
    jackdaw.jpg
    http://www.richrogers.photography

Re: Canal walk

All good shots, well done.

On the sharpening, I think we all get caught out when uploading to the web. The files are so much smaller that they lose some sharpness.

When you have cropped them for upload, whatever sharpening settings you used to make them look good on your screen, repeat the sharpening before you upload. It will look oversharp on your screen, but when we view them on the Forum, they should look about right.

Hope that helps.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Nice series there...

As for dispalying images; IMO - the limitations of the forum don't allow for a decent quality. It's much better to host the images on somewhere like PhotoBucket and link to them from within the thread...

As Colin says, when 'downsizing' images, it's important to re-sharpen them. There's many ways of achieving this; one of the easiset is to use the 'Resize' tool in PhotoShop, and select 'Bicubic Sharper'.

We seem to have adopted a 'standard' of using image sizes of 800 pixels at the widest for display here on the forum; that seems to work well.

Cheers...
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Thanks for advice both, much appreciated. Ive tried photobucket, see below
        http://www.richrogers.photography

Comment

Wow, what a difference.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Working...
          X