DPP Insufficient memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP Insufficient memory

Apologies if this has been raised before.....

I have been using DPP on my windows laptop (windows 7) for some time and never had any issues. However I have recently bought an iMac Retina 5k running Yosemite OS X 10.10 with 8gb of memory, and when I have been processing files in DPP it reports 'Insufficient memory'. I cannot understand this as I am running on a higher spec machine. Does anyone know what the problem may be. Just to say that I have no other Programs / APPS running at the same time. Thanks for any help.

John
    EOS 70D EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM ; EF 16-35mm f4 L IS USM

Re: DPP Insufficient memory

your not alone - Sorry don't have the answer as I've not move to Yosemite on my Imac

:- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I use a i.mac running both aperture 3 and p.s.6 with no memory problems at all processing files from both a 1D3 and a 70d ,I would suggest the problem might lie with your version of DPP and Yosemite ,though my lad has used it with no problem ,have you done ALL your software updates from Apple as that could be affecting compatiblety .other than that try downloading another version of DPP
      Last edited by the black fox; 19-11-2014, 23:41.

Comment

Buy a PC instead and add as much memory as you need to for very little money / effort - simples. . . . .

Sorry, a little 'anti apple' vibe there lol Sorry can't help with the imac issue

.DAVID.
        Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Once your Mac you can't go back LOL

Comment

I hate Apple for giving me the headache of sorting things out on my daughters ipad. Everything always feels so restricted on it. I am however intrigued at the number of people that use Apple products for imaging work.
            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by planetc View Post
              I hate Apple for giving me the headache of sorting things out on my daughters ipad. Everything always feels so restricted on it. I am however intrigued at the number of people that use Apple products for imaging work.
              Having shown converts the way to do things numerous times ,I think the biggest difficulty is getting them to realise how easy it actually is ,most converts fail by trying to use there Mac like a windows machine ..it does Take time to learn but the end result is worth it

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                I think the biggest difficulty is getting them to realise how easy it actually is ,most converts fail by trying to use there Mac like a windows machine ..it does Take time to learn but the end result is worth it
                agree, I swapped to Mac last year and it did take a good few months to get used to doing things the Mac way, in fact had it not been such a massive investment as I bought 2 iMacs I would have swapped back to PC.... but I'm glad I stuck with it
                :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
                X