HELP - Recovery software??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP - Recovery software??

I just tell the wife it was something she did wrong when something like this happens. She wouldn't know otherwise, lol
    Paul

Comment

Good idea Paul...next time..
      Andy
      Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
      EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
      [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

I have a recovery disc from Sandisk with an application they call RescuePRO. It will search for RAW, TIFF & JPG. The content is c60mb, so I don't know if the contents can be attached to an email. Send me a PM if this sounds helpful

Martin

Comment

I've tried a few things over the years. If you have a Rescue Pro voucher (a free year's use key comes in many Sandisk card packets) I'd try that. Also Recurva plus maybe Restoration and PhotoRec. There are unformatting utilities, like TestDisk (same people as PhotoRec), but as that writes to the card I'd leave it as a last resort, and ideally take an image of the card including free space first so you can go back to where you were.

Comment

Thanks all - managed to get it all sorted and rescued the pictures - needless to say I wont do that again...in a hurry.
            Andy
            Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
            EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II

Comment

I use a bit of software called Recuva for all my recovery needs. The success of recovery depends on whether you used the card after deletion. When you delete info from a storage medium, it just deletes the file headers, but the info is still there. It just re-allocates the space for use again. If you use the card, there's a chance the allocated space can be overwritten.

Several formats wipe it totally and there's several more severe methods of deletion but by in large most of the data can be recovered. The key is to not use the cards after the mistake is made.
              Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
              www.campsie.photography

Comment

Cheers Paul - luckily the way my workflow is, I noticed before the card was used again so have managed to rescue everything.
                Andy
                Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Working...
                X