EOS magazine advert
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cross polarisation

Default Re: Cross polarisation

I really like the plastic lid. Funny I've got stacks of those in the kitchen, they never occurred to me. I've been playing around with cross-polarisation too, I like to use liquids in plastic bottles which can look quite unearthly - they're on the forum. I'm going to try stressing some glass as it can produce bright halos the more it's done. I've just received some polarising film so I can see if it helps with resolution. I've also found that using a cross-poled computer display can create some very vivid backgrounds, especially when displaying some interesting wallpapers.

I'd be very interested in the link you mention above.

Tom
    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Tom if you are using 2 sheets of polarising film one each side of the item being photgraphed use a simple white light behind the back sheet as the illumination not your monitor, you can probably diffuse the light from say a desk lanp by using a white cloth or a simple piece of thin white paper. I use a thin piece of muslin over a simple light to give me a uniform white light this shot of three spoons was made that way.

I did wonder about that and I have some muslin cloth in the kitchen and I have a desk lamp, sadly as no one has been over for a couple of days I can't get any clear plastic, but I will play with the film later this evening when I look at the water droplets again. I have some ideas to try and create some perspective too. Again Muscat, thanks for all your ideas this fine morning. :)
    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345