Cross polarisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross polarisation

I have tried this after a freind on another site..(E_PHOTOZINE,) told me how he got his cross polarisation images

you need a sheet of polarising filter and a polarising filter for your lense

now most of us have the lens filter ...but the sheet filter is very expensive.

the cheep way is to use your laptop....if you can get up a blank white screen it omits polarised light

place a clear plastic thing in front of your blank white screen and put your lense filter on

hey presto cross polarisation....give it a try.

then let me know it works....
    Last edited by codachrome; 05-06-2010, 19:26.
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Re: Cross polarisation

I don't think your picture loaded ................ I'd love to see it.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Sorry all I will have to take some more as ive lost the original images....wont be long.
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Sorry it took so long been quite busy....this was a quick set up

Comment

I love the colours of the stress patterns in the set square, reminds me of school days many many years ago

Comment

I came across this forum today whilst searching for cross polarisation photos. Just did my own experiment today using straws and tupperware, let me know what you think!

There's more photos on my blog - I'll post the link if anyone's interested.

Comment

They look great to me I love the colours the strees in the plastic leaves,,,did you use your laptop or a sheet filter.??

Coda

Comment

Thanks! I used my desktop LCD monitor, like this:

Comment

Very Cool! I have got to try this lol
                  Canon 50D
                  Takina 12-24/4, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Tamron 60/2 Macro
                  Buying very soon Canon 85/1.8, Canon 100/2.8 Macro

Comment

I find it works better with the hard brittle plastic as theres a lot more strain in the plastic.

Comment

I find it works better with the hard brittle plastic as theres a lot more stress in the plastic.

Comment

It worked well with the straws as well though - got some nice colours with different colour backgrounds:

http://torsteinsphotoblog.wordpress....to-experiment/

Comment

Thanks for the post! Tried it out using my 24" monitor and got some amazing patterns and colours, this one is about the best I think. I shall definitely be experimenting more with this technique.
                          Last edited by pinxos; 02-09-2010, 09:31. Reason: forgot to add image link!!
                          5D Mk3, 24-105mm f/4L IS, 70-200mm f4L IS, 100mm f2.8L Macro IS, 24mm f3.5L Tilt-Shift,
                          MP-E 65mm f2.8 1-5x Macro, Sigma EX DG 12-24mm f4.5-5.6

Comment

Very good result and well done Coda for showing us the technique.

I must have a play with this soon.

Colin
                            Colin

Comment

Hi All,
                              had to give this ago, and this is what i came up with.
                              It's an inner of a cd case, If you turn your polarizer until the background goes black the colours change and really jump out at you.

Comment

Working...
                              X