Cross polarisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cross polarisation

In this shot, the white screen behind distracted me in the finished image, so using Infraview I turned the image into a negative and then just auto adjusted the colours and the gamma.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

And then I discovered you could rotate the filter... another jaw dropper as the colours really came to life.

All I did with this one, is in Infraview, cropped, auto adjusted and dropped the gamma.

Have to say, thank you for showing how to do this. Really enjoyed it. Who would have thought you could have this much fun with a £1 ruler set.
      Last edited by DeeGee; 09-02-2011, 16:15. Reason: Linked the wrong picture.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Great fun isn't it you can get some brilliant effects with just about any clear plastic item

Comment

Wow! I have got to have a go at this, polariser pay day then.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/47830258@N08/

Comment

Heeee Good fun!I've still got some learning to do to get the best out of it me thinks, but I like my first efforts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47830258@N08/

Comment

Di's Flickr

Comment

Pretty awesome, DeeGee! Can't wait to try it myself.

Just a thought. Does anyone have an old Mac Cube lying around? Might be interesting to see what that looks like.
                myTube
                Twitter: @VilliAsgeirsson
                Canon EOS 60D - 50mm f1.8 - 50mm f1.4 - 18-135mm f4-5.6 - 100mm f2.8 macro - Speedlite 480EX - Canon EOS 500D

Comment

This is a great tip gave it a go tonight but only have a 49mm polarising filter so had to hold it in front of the lens. A 58mm filter is now on my shopping list.
                  IMG_5199.jpg
                  1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
                  Facebook
                  www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

You've got some beautiful colours coming out there. I found that the cheaper plastics worked better seemed to have more stress lines etc...
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

It is actually the clear plastic lid from the container my watch came in it is a good 2-3mm thick I am enjoying trying things that I find on her the beauty of digital over film I can take as many photos as I like without costing anything
                      1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
                      Facebook
                      www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

I really like the plastic lid. Funny I've got stacks of those in the kitchen, they never occurred to me. I've been playing around with cross-polarisation too, I like to use liquids in plastic bottles which can look quite unearthly - they're on the forum. I'm going to try stressing some glass as it can produce bright halos the more it's done. I've just received some polarising film so I can see if it helps with resolution. I've also found that using a cross-poled computer display can create some very vivid backgrounds, especially when displaying some interesting wallpapers.

I'd be very interested in the link you mention above.

Tom
                        Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
                        L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Comment

Tom if you are using 2 sheets of polarising film one each side of the item being photgraphed use a simple white light behind the back sheet as the illumination not your monitor, you can probably diffuse the light from say a desk lanp by using a white cloth or a simple piece of thin white paper. I use a thin piece of muslin over a simple light to give me a uniform white light this shot of three spoons was made that way.

Comment

I did wonder about that and I have some muslin cloth in the kitchen and I have a desk lamp, sadly as no one has been over for a couple of days I can't get any clear plastic, but I will play with the film later this evening when I look at the water droplets again. I have some ideas to try and create some perspective too. Again Muscat, thanks for all your ideas this fine morning. :)
                            Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
                            L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                            X