Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations?

Anybody using any of the MG range? Any issues with clogging? Looking to replace my Epson R1800 which has been a clogfest since day 1 and now has a yellow clog that I can't clear.
    Paul

Re: Recommendations?

Ah well, couldn't wait, pmsl. Currys had this on offer and I wanted to take it while it lasted. Mg7550 at £129, less a £20 cash back rebate. £110 net...... closest I found elsewhere was £149. I just hope it isn't a clog monster. Hopefully it'll be ok, the R1800 suffered mainly through lack of use, which is not a problem since my wife became interested in using the internet as she is still in that phase where she will print rather than bookmark!
    Paul

Comment

The MG 7550 looks like an updated MG 7150 which I bought in July and have been very pleased with both for standard and photo printing. If your wife is printing anything and everything, then you will need a cheap source for inks - there are lots of cheap compatibles out there but I am using, following a recommendation from a friend, First Call Inks, where you can get 2 sets for £21 I am using my first set from there and there is no difference from the original Canon inks

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Excellent feedback Stan, thank you. I did start to look at third party inks. The wife specifically wanted an all in one as she has no idea how to use a scanner, and trying to teach her is like trying to teach a horse to bark. I won't ever go A3 again, as it just doesn't make sense when you can have large prints made so cost effective these days. The R1800 has probably only been used for a dozen prints that couldn't have been done on an A4. I only have so much wall space! The ease of use was a priority, and I wanted something that would give acceptable photo prints. It looks like I might have chosen well.
        Paul

Comment

Wow, even better, First call inks are based locally to me
          Paul

Comment

Save on the psostage as well

stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

I've only printed a handful of photos on this before now, but I'm gearing up to print more and have set up for printing on permajet oyster. I have to say the prints are absolutely stunning, even though it's a consumer range printer. I had to waste a few to get the colour balance spot on, but I'll have a profile created once I've got all the cartridges changed over to what I'll be using. Highly recommend value all in one, I couldn't be happier for the money. I've spent hundreds in the past and had nothing but grief with clogs or bands every half a dozen prints, this hasn't missed a beat since Christmas.
              Paul

Comment

Working...
              X