Cheap Photoshop & Lightroom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Photoshop & Lightroom?

Has anyone used these people http://www.wow-soft.com/ and are they legal? or what?
    John

Re: Cheap Photoshop & Lightroom?

These are FAKE! Probably a link to torrent sites or taken for free from them. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
    5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_Jim View Post
      These are FAKE! Probably a link to torrent sites or taken for free from them. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
      That's more or less what I thought they must be but it was worth asking if anyone knew them.
      Thanks Jim
      John

Comment

You know you can get up to 80% discount from Adobe if you have a student in the immediate family and the school will assist you confirming that your child is at the school or a member of your immediate family works in a school, once again the school needs to "work with you". There is a bit of paperwork involved.
        Last year I did a 10 week Digital Photography course at Bucks New University and whilst I was there I qualified for the discount, didn't take it up though..... dumb dumb dumb.
        Check the Adobe site under Education.

David
        David

Comment

Yes I got a letter from the school confirming pupil name and status (my step son is 14 and in 3rd year at his local secondary school). the school were delighted to provide the help and a letter was sent back to me quickly. Worth checking what you have will be accepted (if you qualifty)
          5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Hi, just reading this post, there is a site (I hope this is not seen as advertising or breaking forum rules- I am not affiliated in any way with this site, I just found them and bought something from them and want to pass on the lead to others) called software4students they are selling lightroom 3 student and teacher version for £69.95 - I have no idea how good this is, and you do have to 'qualify' but basically as far as I can tell, if you have children in full time education, they qualify. There is a full list of qualification criteria on the site, and it is different for different products (some relate only to University or higher ed)

For an example, I purchased the full-blown Microsoft office professional 2010 (the one that includes publisher and other things), 2 user license for less than £40 - and it arrived in 2 days with other educational software. All I had to do was check my kid's high school was listed and that was that. This is perfectly legit, and I did buy it for my two daughters to put on their lap tops for their school work - so my conscience is clear.

Hope this helps

Ian
            EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

I've used software4students - very good.

Unfortunately, they only sell Photoshop to University students and, I believe, they have to be in at least 2nd year. Not sure about other Adobe stuff, like Lightroom.
              “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
              "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
              "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
              "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

I can conform Celtex's post, I too have bought Office Pro 2010 from software4students, they supply discs with keys and can be loaded onto 1 desktop and 1 laptop to be used by the purchaser.

I am a very mature adult ( 56 yrs !) but because I am studying for professeional exams I qualify for student discount. I would expect that if you donot have children or students in your family, then if you are completing any study with a professesional body then you just need to check with the website and then save yourself a packet

Comment

Working...
                X