Setting up a Portable Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up a Portable Studio

My boss ask me to take some images of a new employee so I took out my gear and setup a studio:

After I was done with his session, my wife came home and wanted her picture taken. Here are her images:

EOS7DMKII w/EF24-105mm f/4L 1/50 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 200 @ 82mm

Black & White Version

Comments Welcomed

Tom

Re: Setting up a Portable Studio

impressive Tom and I'm sure the owner would have been impressed with the portraits if they were similar to the Mrs

I know your a B&W fan, but in this case I think colour works better
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Good info on the setup Tom and like Ian I prefer the colour version

My boss ask me to take some images of a new employee
      thought you were retired

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

probably talking about the wife Stan
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Really good exposure and a great set up, to have that much room I wish

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

thought you were retired

Stan
            Semi retired Stan. I currently work as a independent contractor doing Marriage & Individual therapy.

Thanks for stopping by Stan, Alan & Ian and taking the time to comment

Comment

Yep good set up. Good work to get image without reflection the the glasses.
              Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Nicely exposed your boss should be pleased, also colour one for me from this set.

Paul
                EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks Ant & Paul for stopping by

Comment

I currently work as a independent contractor doing Marriage & Individual therapy
                    Ah, I remember now - You did a course I think

Stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

Very interesting Tom, have little experience of this but would like to do more especially as Grandkids grow up. Would you mind giving some reasons as to why for example you have two different size Brollies and different settings for the lights, at different distances, they also look to be at different angles to the Model. Info on the other light? effects of?

Hope you don't mind

Regards Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pelliott1954 View Post
                        Would you mind giving some reasons as to why for example you have two different size Brollies?

Regards Paul
                        Because the smaller one was bought a couple of years before the larger 1

Comment

Would you mind giving some reasons as to why for example you have different settings for the lights,
                          The light facing the back drop was set to brighten the backdrop slightly so the gray wouldn't be to dark. The light on the right side of the model was the main light. The power was determined by the distance from the model, ISO and the f/stop I wanted to use. This was based on using a Sekonic light meter. The other light was a fill light using the same calculations.

Comment

Would you mind giving some reasons as to lights at different distances, they also look to be at different angles to the Model.
                            The light on the left side of the model was further because there was a couch between the model and the light. The angles and use of umbrellas was to reduce the reflection from the glasses.

Hope all that makes sense.

Comment

Thanks for that Tom, I like the bit about the Distance being affected by the Couch!!

Comment

Working...
                              X