Flickr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr

Haven't posted for years, tried uploading to Flickr last week but photo looked rubbish.
    Will find the time to learn the ropes, but must be doing something wrong. Am aware that I have been commenting on posts made by others but have not "contributed" to the forum myself.

Re: Flickr

It's probably the settings of the JPG you are uploading.How are you creating the file and what's it's settings?
    Andy

Comment

Upload as a jpg re.sized to 1024 pixels on the longest side ,you can also edit your photos once uploaded in there aviary p.p little box to right of photo

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        It's probably the settings of the JPG you are uploading.How are you creating the file and what's it's settings?
        agree what setting are you using - I find the images posted here from flickr very good - must be something your doing
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

thanks for the replies folks,
          not at home at present but will try again in the week.

Comment

I have tried twice to get a flikr account with Yahoo, says it will send me a confirmation text, but it hasn't. Guess you won't get to see any of my pictures then.
            Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

with the amount of people that use flickr I can only assume its something your doing wrong - have you checked your spam folder ?

its not a case we won't see your images as you can do direct uploads, it just means the quality of the image won't be as good

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                with the amount of people that use flickr I can only assume its something your doing wrong - have you checked your spam folder ?

its not a case we won't see your images as you can do direct uploads, it just means the quality of the image won't be as good
                It said it would send me a text, didn't get either, not that fussed to be honest.

Comment

So I tried again to set up a flickr account, this time it worked and a confirmation text was received, I set everything up as recommended, created an album and put one(fairly poor unedited picture on) on. Saved it, all looked ok, so I left the site after adding it to my favourites and it is now crashed and I cannot access it. Is it me or is this something that happens?

Comment

have you tried rebooting your PC - I've just uploaded images and all is fine

Comment

I just went onto Flickr and all seems fine. I then searched for Tigerburnie and you seem to be there (just one pic of a bird of some kind - you can tell I'm no birder).
                      Canon EOS 7D
                      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                        I just went onto Flickr and all seems fine. I then searched for Tigerburnie and you seem to be there (just one pic of a bird of some kind - you can tell I'm no birder).
                        good idea - yep searched and its there

IMG_3454 by tigerburnie, on Flickr

Comment

I've restarted it Tigger and I am now back in again, bit confusing, but I am now trying to get the picture on to here as an exercise before my new toy arrives, I'm just stepping outside and might be gone for some time...........................

Comment

Ah so whilst I'm writing, events have taken a step ahead, that should have been labelled as a Heron in Stornoway Harbour, now I need to figure out how to do that and get it here, once done I will add a few more. These were all taken with my 550D, this one with the 100-400 lens at 400mm, there is no editing at all, just a bit of cropping I think. Purely for an exercise just now.

Comment

Fast losing the will to live here, no way can I get a bbcode to paste on here, I click on it and it exits stage left, never to be seen again. I have put another image in the album of some common seals, try as I might it will not transfer over, so I've given up for now, if you have any interest in what I'm photographing then you will have to search for my flickr account on the grounds that it's too bloody difficult for this luddite.

Comment

Working...
                              X