Partial Eclipse in the UK Friday 20th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Partial Eclipse in the UK Friday 20th March

Nothing here either. Just a typical drab grey boring bland morning.
    Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Thick stratus cloud all morning down in Hampshire. Ah well, another 11 year wait - I'll still be less than 80 (just!)
      Russell
      Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
        Very overcast this morning but it did peep through long enough to get this:
        Think you must have been standing next to Alan, his pic was almost the same, unless that bird was a very big one that was almost as far away as the moon?
        Paul

Comment

Lovely crystal clear morning here in Worcestershire. Used my Mylar glasses and had superb views ( in the garden accompanied with coffee and marmalade on toast) . Didn't photograph - just enjoyed the view
          James
          James Boardman Woodend
          www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Saw it reflected in the canal water at Banbury. Bit sucky...
            EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

various flash guns & modifiers

Comment

Weather was OK around here - so I had a go

1DX
              300mm f2.8
              asa800
              f4
              1/60sec

David

Comment

I popped out before work. It was really cloudy then ran into a huge crowd of folk. I hung about for a bit with the 70-200 and then a huge cheer. I was up.

Partial Solar Eclipse 20 March 2015
                by campsiestreet, on Flickr

Huge WM on it because it was uploaded to StockPix so needs protecting. pretty pleased.
                Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                www.campsie.photography

Comment

Captain of our ship managed to find break in weather off Faroe. Got some decent images of total eclipse but wifi on ship painfully slow so won't be able to post till early next week.
                  Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Nice range of colours Paul

David

Comment

Well done to everyone who got something today, either through their own efforts in travelling to where it was best, or through lucky breaks in the cloud. After it being a complete blanket of solid cloud where I was I am really impressed by the range and quality of what the forum members have achieved. Well done us! (cheekily basking in reflected glory)
                      Canon EOS 7D
                      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Well I managed to snatch a quick couple of shots before I had to take the dog for a long walk so it's only a partial success. Using a polarising fader ND filter set to maximum and f32 to avoid any possibility of dangerous levels reaching the sensor I got a reasonable image using the 400mmf5.6L, not very sharp due to diffraction but there you go. As I dicoverd later the filter set at maximum is dark enough to view the sun through with the naked eye so I needn't have gone to f32! This is the uncropped image.

591A0101 by dmorison24, on Flickr

David
                        PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

Congratulations to all who managed to get a view, and better still a shot of the eclipse. No, green with envy is my natural colour!

Worse still we had brilliant sunshine here from 12:30 onwards! Perhaps He was having a joke.
                          Russell
                          Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Originally posted by planetc View Post
                            Think you must have been standing next to Alan, his pic was almost the same, unless that bird was a very big one that was almost as far away as the moon?
                            Ha ha, yes, peas from the same pod! Alan's is so much sharper though so congrats to him.

I was totally unprepared for photography; I couldn't find my sun filter so didn't bother setting anything up yet the sky was so overcast I was able to get my shots using an ordinary variable ND filter but didn't have time for a tripod. It was so cloudy I couldn't even see the sun through my eclipse glasses (saved from 1999) and, much against common sense, used sunglasses. Still, at least I was able to watch it from start to finish while friends living less than two miles away in the hills behind the town saw hardly anything.

Cheers,
                            John

Comment

Working...
                            X