Little Lumsdale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Lumsdale

This is a close up photo taken of one of the many little parts that make up Lumsdale Waterfall, in the Peak District. I wanted to get up closer than I normally do so I could really try and bring out the smaller detail in the moss covered rocks..

Lumsdale Detail by See-Through-My-Lens, on Flickr
    Andy

EOS 6D | 16-35 F/4 | 24-105mm f4L | 50mm F1.8 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 MKII
    Flickr Page
    Facebook Page

Re: Little Lumsdale

Lovely little waterfall mate nice flow to the water ,your becoming a master on these le shots

Comment

Thanks mate...well, I would certainly say I'm hopefully moving in the right direction with it..Ha ha
      Andy

Flickr Page
      Facebook Page

Comment

Well done on the water movement.

Tom

Comment

that works for me, very nice
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
            Well done on the water movement.

Tom
            Originally posted by Tigger View Post
            that works for me, very nice

Thanks very much folks, appreciate your comments
            Andy

Flickr Page
            Facebook Page

Comment

Very nicely done.

Small scale landscape gives some interesting pictures but so hard to get right.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyelines View Post
                Very nicely done.

Small scale landscape gives some interesting pictures but so hard to get right.
                Thank you. I don't often go for this kind of shot, usually the bigger picture, but it turned out ok this one. :)
                Andy

Flickr Page
                Facebook Page

Comment

Do like that, it is always good to 'get in there' sometimes. Just a thought, but if you really want to focus the attention on the moss covered rocks, I'd take something off the right hand side, going as far as to make it a square crop. You lose the nice differentiation of textures, but I find my eye going over there and not staying where you say you want me to look.
                  Canon EOS 7D
                  EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                  Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                  flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                    Do like that, it is always good to 'get in there' sometimes. Just a thought, but if you really want to focus the attention on the moss covered rocks, I'd take something off the right hand side, going as far as to make it a square crop. You lose the nice differentiation of textures, but I find my eye going over there and not staying where you say you want me to look.
                    Hey Alex...Thank you, I really do appreciate your feedback and points of view. Taking into account what you've said about the crop, is this more what your thinking mate??

_MG_6259.jpg
                    Andy

Flickr Page
                    Facebook Page

Comment

Nice Waterfall but I would use any software to change the water.
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkphotowork/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael.K View Post
                        Nice Waterfall but I would use any software to change the water.
                        Hi Michael...Many thanks for your comment. Can you please elaborate for me (but I would use any software to change the water), as I don't quite follow you.

Cheers

Andy
                        Andy

Flickr Page
                        Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by atnixon View Post
                          Hi Michael...Many thanks for your comment. Can you please elaborate for me (but I would use any software to change the water), as I don't quite follow you.

Cheers

Andy
                          maybe I should ask how did you change the water to look like that/ is it a setting on the camera!
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkphotowork/

Comment

I don't get to appreciate shots like this day to day when I view on a small screen but I have just fired up the pc and 'seen' this properly.
                            Very nice, lots of detail and I like the composition too.
                            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Michael.K View Post
                              maybe I should ask how did you change the water to look like that/ is it a setting on the camera!
                              An ND filter used to slow the shutter speed to 1.3 hence the blurred looking water - I'm sure if you search for ND filters + Water you'll find loads of articles on this
                              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
                              X