Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CANON EF-S 16-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens

Hi all friends,

I am going to buy this lens for my oversea hoilday next year. At present I only have Canon 50mm f1.4 and Tamron 90mm f/2.8 and Tamron 180mm f3.5 Macro lens.

Can anyone help me to show some review on this lens? Thank you.

Best Regards

Re: CANON EF-S 16-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens

PDReview has one on the 18–200 ...as does PhotoZone. I havent found anything on a 16–200.
    Last edited by Dave; 24-08-2009, 20:30.
    Dave

Comment

I recently purchased this lens with a 50D and the review on Photozone is fairly accurate without calibration.

I've just received the 50D & 18-200 lens back from having the lens calibrated to the body and it has really improved the lens image quality across the zoom range wide open.

While the borders are softer and suffer from barrel distortion at the wide end both issues fade away quite quickly as you progress through the zoom range and the barrel distortion is easily remedied in DPP (or other software using PTlens).

Chromatic Aberration is well controlled but should it show up is easily fixed in DPP, AF speed is better than expected and seems just as fast as Canon's 70-300IS with Micro USM - with the bonus that the front element doesn't rotate!

I have a Canon 70-200F4LIS which is sharper and faster but I find the calibrated 18-200mm good enough and convenient that I can see myself using it quite a bit.

If there was one niggling bit (isn't there always) it's I find that between 24mm and 150mm the barrel can creep slightly if directed up or downwards so really requires holding the barrel at all times.

Comment

Hi my dear friends,

Thank you for your personal review. I will buy this lens within a few weeks time.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Comment

Hi all,

I bought this lens today. I will post in future how I personally find about this lens. Sorry it is EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X