Zoom Browser update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoom Browser update

Had this useful software for some years, and just wondered whether there was a later version. It turns out that there is not, now replaced by "IMAGE BROWSER" so I took the plunge. What a heap of absolute awfulness! I shall wait for some reaction, have seen some American reviews that agree with me, but will undoubtedly uninstall soon. Can someone please get CANON to carry on producing excellent cameras and lenses but please not software. Any other experiences with this new one?
    I also have problems with EasyPhotoPrint EX, fails due to a dll file problem that I have failed to beat.
    Oh to be back in the good old days of fine software. Yes, I admit it was easier for us then, but I credit IT staff of those days with some sensible and reliable systems.
    Shall look forward for your views.
    Regards
    Myrddin Jones

Re: Zoom Browser update

I moved away from Canon software a long time ago in favor of Lightroom -

Theres also a new version out and most seem to be giving it glowing reports and I'll be updating pretty soon - If you've not tried it have a go, you can download it for a month free
    Last edited by Tigger; 24-04-2015, 14:56.
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I stayed with DPP far too long before making the leap to Lightroom and am still kicking myself for not doing it sooner. One pleasure though is revisiting those images I thought I'd got the best out of with DPP that LR turns into something far better.

Cheers,
      John

Comment

Originally posted by Myrddin Jones View Post
        Had this useful software for some years, and just wondered whether there was a later version. It turns out that there is not, now replaced by "IMAGE BROWSER" so I took the plunge. What a heap of absolute awfulness! I shall wait for some reaction, have seen some American reviews that agree with me, but will undoubtedly uninstall soon. Can someone please get CANON to carry on producing excellent cameras and lenses but please not software. Any other experiences with this new one?
        I also have problems with EasyPhotoPrint EX, fails due to a dll file problem that I have failed to beat.
        Oh to be back in the good old days of fine software. Yes, I admit it was easier for us then, but I credit IT staff of those days with some sensible and reliable systems.
        Shall look forward for your views.
        Regards
        Myrddin Jones
        I couldn't agree more, Zoom Browser does all I want, and Image Browser does nothing! Unfortunately it is called progress.
        Quentin

Comment

Thanks to the 3 responses, clearly a great agreement on the quality of CANON software whilst Ian, at least, has a glorious set of photos that would confirm my feelings for CANON cameras and lenses.
          After all this I uninstalled IMAGE BROWSER EX and what happens it also uninstalls Map Utility! So had to reinstall just to get my Map program.
          As a side line, what are you doing in Javea Ian? Had a glorious holiday there in 1967, watched them filming Krakatoa and nearly got an extra post as stoker on a steam engine in the film. Happy days.
          Regards and thanks
          Myrddin Jones

Comment

Working...
          X