Coastwalker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastwalker

Hello. I'm new to this forum today and any help would be appreciated! I've had a 5DIII for over a year and it came with a free Lightroom software package which I have installed and trying to get used to but up to now have been a user of Canon DPP which is excellent for my uses. Recently it was suggested to me that I use Silver Efex Pro to process black and white photos, I have loaded this software onto my Windows 8.1 PC but I cannot load it as a plug-in to Lightroom. In Lightroom I have selected Plug-in manager>Add>Silver Efex Pro but then I just get a message 'An error occurred while attempting to load this plug-in'. Any ideas welcome.

Re: Coastwalker

have a look in develop module and in photo edit in you should see the nik effects plugins in there

Welcome to the forums
    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

welcome to the madhouse & I agree with Alex

although ( this doesn't effect you Gardener) ....I just had a look on Nik site and it states " Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 through 5" does this mean it won't run on LR6 ?
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Works ok for me
        Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Tom

Comment

Welcome to the forum I don't use lightroom so can't help I'm afraid
            1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
            Facebook
            www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Hi ?, and welcome to the forum.

Dave
              Dave

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

I have LR but not the Nik suite (maybe one day) so can't be of immediate help but I always remind folks that you would rarely be the first person to experience whatever software issue you have run into and others may well have posted workarounds or even fixes. Just paste the actual error message into google and see what comes up. You do have to wade through some time wasters normally but often you will find what you are looking for. Apologies if you have already discovered this for yourself.

Scott
                Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
                  Works ok for me
                  cheers, bit silly of G not update there site
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
                    Hello. I'm new to this forum today and any help would be appreciated! I've had a 5DIII for over a year and it came with a free Lightroom software package which I have installed and trying to get used to but up to now have been a user of Canon DPP which is excellent for my uses. Recently it was suggested to me that I use Silver Efex Pro to process black and white photos, I have loaded this software onto my Windows 8.1 PC but I cannot load it as a plug-in to Lightroom. In Lightroom I have selected Plug-in manager>Add>Silver Efex Pro but then I just get a message 'An error occurred while attempting to load this plug-in'. Any ideas welcome.
                    Thanks for suggestion. Will try this.

Comment

Working...
                    X