MPB advertEOS magazine advert
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iMac Retina

Default Re: iMac Retina

thats a shame ... one of the few perks of working for yourself
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Member*

If you are working for a college as a tutor you should be able to get the apple eduction discount. When I bought my first iMac I was teaching & so got a discount. For me being able to open up the box & literally just plug in & switch on was great with everything just simply working, they do come with keyboard & mouse so you are ready to go.

Sue

I got my 27inch iMac through education discount (another ex-teacher) in Nov 2010. It is starting to struggle a little with external drives,backups etc. It was my first Mac and I intend to replace it with another Mac although I will research it fully. There were some faults on the hard drive of the series (not mine) but Apple contacted me a two or three years after purchase and a new HD was fitted. The 27 inch screen has been a problem however. Many owners of the 2010 27 inch screen have dust problems but Apple have always maintained there was no fault with the seal round the edge. Newer screens are made differently and don't have the problem and I would still recommend the iMac to anyone. My Mac Book has a SSD HD instead of the conventional motor drive and for speed that is the way to go.
    Graham

I'm a very long time Apple user and my 27" I5 Quadcore is nearly a decade old and still working well. Apple does have issues with harddrive failures and I had to swap out the drive in that computer a couple of years ago and I've experienced the same in their Macbooks. I would also go with SSD in a Macbook to prevent that type of common failure.

I'm glad someone has bought an iMac Retina as it's on my wish list.

I think I'm done with PCs as the one I'm running is driving me mad, soooooooo slow ok for general stuff but processing images it's definitely struggling i did up the ram to its max and it's also a intel i5 processor so not too dated + all photo files are cleared from memory and stored onto external hard drive.

Though i do have similar thoughts as Garry, would it be just better to buy an updated PC for half the price?

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, EF 16-35L f4, - EF 24-105L f4, - EF 100L f2.8 Macro, -EF 200L f2.8 - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Canon 2x MK III Converter,- Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - http://www.paullinton.co.uk/

i would never go back to a p.c ,love the macs and so so fast for processing ,plus the screens are all the same so theres no problems with colour variations ,what i see on my mac is what i see on my i.pad and what i see on my i-phone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123