Barge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barge

Thaken on the Liverpool to Leeds Canal near Barrowford.

There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Re: Barge

Like the subject.
    Feel it would be better if it narrow boat was further back in the pic. i.e coming into rather than leaving the scene.
    It is also on my screen underexposed.
    Wether you remove the people on the tow path is debatable.
    Ray

Comment

I like it, especially in Black and White, it harks back to a time gone by which I always like......Nice one!!

Comment

Interesting shot but like Doglet it also seems underexposed on my screen. I also find the wash in the bottom LHS slightly distracting.

Comment

The wash in the bottom was from the lock above letting water out to level the canal.
          There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

I think its a fantastic shot and have no problems with the wash as IMHO this adds to the scene. The people in the BG also give this a sense of scale as I would say this is a 72 footer and a right handful. Great to see someone else posting up canal waterscapes I really do like these personally.

Comment

Working...
            X