Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Island in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Galle,Sri lanka

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uzof1q]
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 13-06-2015, 22:38.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Island in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Galle,Sri lanka

An interesting image Nat. It's an image that would do well with some long exposures

Tom

Comment

this is one of those images that was impressive when you saw it but just doesn't work as a stand alone photo - going for a LE as Tom suggested could offer a more interesting image, but I don't think so ...

sorry Nat not really working for me
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Strange as it doesn't appear natural but man made for a film set or something. How big is it Nat?
        Neil

Comment

Thanks Tom, Ian and Neil. I was trying to show this "island", rock as a single subject as it was quite impressive when I saw it. It is quite a big one and comes uipon you suddenly as you drive on the coastal road to Galle. It is not man made but quite natural. I will post some "sister islands,rocks" that are also around this.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uCudA7]
            Last edited by Nathaniel; 14-06-2015, 09:07.

Comment

The second shot works much better for me. A bit more interest with the waves crashing against the rocks
              Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
                The second shot works much better for me. A bit more interest with the waves crashing against the rocks
                agree
                :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Alan and Ian.

Comment

Maybe crop as a panoramic to emphasize the scale of it might help too? Currently it's just a rock
                    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by planetc View Post
                      Maybe crop as a panoramic to emphasize the scale of it might help too? Currently it's just a rock
                      Made me chuckle ... Thought about Stonehenge
                      Neil

Comment

Thanks Paul. Thats an idea and I will give it a try. Neil, Stonehenge is not too far away from you!! Must re-visit in the near future.

Comment

Nat, went to Stonehenge in May this year. I'll post a pic on new thread.
                          Neil

Comment

The 2nd shots a winner Nat forget the 1st.
                            Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
                            EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Originally posted by chrisec View Post
                              The 2nd shots a winner Nat forget the 1st.
                              ^ Plus one from me too Nat
                              Peter

Feel free to browse my
                              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
                              X