Firmware update for GP-E2 GPS unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware update for GP-E2 GPS unit

I’ve just been updating the firmware in my GP-E2 GPS unit and 2 years after giving up trying to figure out how to get the logs into the Canon mapping utility I’ve now realised how to do it thanks to the instructions in this update. As I own a 7D I need to connect the GPS unit to the camera via a short cable which has a ‘special’ marked end which must go into the GPS unit. As such it never occurred to me to plug a regular usb cable from the computer directly into the GPS unit - when you’re in the mapping software and plug directly from the computer to the GPS unit it now detects the GPS unit and I’ve downloaded the logs. (I’ve also updated the firmware).

Many thanks to EOS team for the email alerting me to the update (it’s also in the Blog section of the forum). I’m now a happy bunny as I can see where I’ve been wandering with my camera….

Re: Firmware update for GP-E2 GPS unit

I just bought one of these for my 5D III as Im hopless at remembering where I took the shot just started using it today. It's good to see on the map where you were when you took the shot.

the good thing about it is that it doesn't drain the camera battery.
    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Working...
    X