Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashgun advice needed.

Hi,
    I want to try something I haven't done before - that is to use a second flashgun to act as a triggered slave flash to backlight an object when using my macro lens with a MR-14EX 2 ring-flash ( used as the master).
    Can anybody recommend a cheap (but reliable) flash that will act as a slave & would be triggered by my Canon MR-14 EX ?
    Many thanks
    James
    James Boardman Woodend
    www.jameswoodend.com

Re: Flashgun advice needed.

the yongnuo flash guns are all pretty good, I have the YN560II, which is only manual but does have a slave feature and was only around the £50 mark. Not sure about triggering though as although I use it together with my Canon 580 and 430, I fire them all with wireless triggers

stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

I have the Yongnuo 460 which is fully manual but if I put it into S2 mode I can use another flash to trigger it as it is an optical slave. I use it to light the background when I am doing portraits with the studio lights. I have wireless triggers that connect to the studio flashes and then the Yongnuo sits on the floor behind the subject it works everytime
      1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
      Facebook
      www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Thank guys - that's very useful
        James
        James Boardman Woodend
        www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Even the little 270EX II will act as a slave and may be all you need for what you describe.

Comment

Second what Paulr said about Yongnuo. I have 560ii. ANY flash source, even onboard or phone flash will fire it. Thought it was S1 not S2, though may be wrong.

Comment

And again I have the yong 565ex.ii and that can be fired by any light source

Comment

Working...
              X