7d2file rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7d2file rendering

If that is correct then wonder if this applies when using LR (Adobe camera raw) instead of DPP?
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Interesting question - it sort of implies any RAW convertor will behave that way. I wonder if that is true or not ?
      James
      James Boardman Woodend
      www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

and thats where i got my information from originally ,i knew that someone that knew that they were talking about posted it i just couldn't remember who .and it leaves us with the question does it or not ,i do know for fact and you can argue the toss till the cows come home that different cameras recording the same scene with the same lens in RAW will provide different files once you start to process them so that takes you back to my initial question . also different brands of camera will record the same scene differently which is why we pay for the privilege of upgrading every time something new comes out .

Comment

Raw is Raw and the sharpening setting only applies when using DPP. Once the file is opened in DPP it can if one wishes take it back to zero.

Comment

Raw is Raw and the sharpening setting only applies when using DPP. Once the file is opened in DPP it can if one wishes take it back to zero.
            That is what I have always understood as well. Open the raw in anything other than DPP and none of the Canon settings, picture styles, high ISO noise reduction etc will be applied

stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

When anyone shoots in Raw I always say it is best to apply some sharpening in camera because your preview on your camera's LCD is an embedded .JPG within the Raw file and it gives you some idea on what can be achieved in post processing. So if you have not applied any sharpening you might get a soft looking image that you might be tempted to delete in camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Papathanassi View Post
                When anyone shoots in Raw I always say it is best to apply some sharpening in camera because your preview on your camera's LCD is an embedded .JPG within the Raw file and it gives you some idea on what can be achieved in post processing. So if you have not applied any sharpening you might get a soft looking image that you might be tempted to delete in camera.
                I agree and this is what I do but when opening in LR the sharpened image appears fleetingly before the converted RAW kicks in with zero adjustments.

David
                PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

Working...
                X