LCD viewing in daylight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD viewing in daylight

I have been trying an occasional video sequence with my 5D MarkII and find it quite difficult because using live view the camera has to be held some distance from the eye and then you get reflections off the screen - as well as sore arms. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
    A viewfinder hood / magnifier would appear to be what's needed, however looking at what's available they all seem to bring with them undesirable side issues.
    • Some hang from your neck so it could be a bit of a fiddle to get it in position quickly.
    • Some can be attached to the camera by rubber bands. Not very elegant and not much use if you want to take occasional stills using the viewfinder.
    • To get around this issue at least one hood has a part that is stuck to the back of the camera and the hood clips on to it. However I don't like the idea of sticking anything onto my camera...
    • The most elegant solution I've seen (on eBay) uses a magnetic quick release attached to a camera baseplate.

Without actually seeing these "hands on" I may be missing out on some other essential information and am left with the wish that there was a comparison or review of all these various hoods / magnifiers.

Perhaps other users could share their experience...
Working...
X