Belated introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belated introduction

Despite having posted a few threads here and there and having discovered what a great forum this is, I have only just realised that this bit of the site is here!

So belatedly....

I am 65, I live in North Somerset, but hail from Cheshire, having moved south in the 1960s when I started working for the MOD. SWMBO and I both took early retirement and she now runs a small radiation safety consultancy.

Apart from photography, I dabble in vintage tractors and genealogy.
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: Belated introduction

nice to know the man and the tractor ;o)... welcome
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks for sharing that John, like your work so far so keep it up.
      Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
      EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

A belated welcome from me too John. Do you have any skeletons in your family tree I have
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
          Do you have any skeletons in your family tree I have
          Ah yes... one Alfred Edward Last by name who did something SO awful that no-one in the family would speak of it. When I was a child, I was told that Mary Eccles knew, but would not say.

I have since discovered that when he was 70, he and his wife had a young niece lodging with them, and she subsequently produced a child, on whose birth certificate no father is named. The implication is clear, and it is certainly something that no-one would wish to have widely known in the community at the time.

As you will know, most families fall into one of the 3 "I" categories - the Illustrious (Lords and Ladies), the Industrious (business people) and the Insignificant. You can guess which category my lot falls into!

SWMBO on the other hand links into the Scudamore family, whose line can be traced back to 1086 and which contains a number of notable persons.
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thanks John for the intro. Have seen some of your super pictures. Welcome and keep your pictures coming thick and fast.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Tom

Comment

Welcome John, with titles like 'I love Boobys' and 'No tongues please......' you have fitted in well. Joining the same month as me I'm looking forward to more.
                Neil

Comment

Hi John, and welcome to the forum.

Did the 'Family Tree' (Paternal & Maternal) thing myself, when I retired some 13 years ago. Only got back as far as the 1600's.

Dave
                  Dave

Comment

Welcome. You live just up the road from me, well if 20 miles up the M5 from Burnham can be considered just up the road. Though your dangerously near to living in Gloucester being that far up
                    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum John
                      Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

2 beers or not 2 beers? that's the question........ I hope t's the real thing (me being a member of CAMRA) I recently came across a new (to me) brewery from your neck of the woods "Tapstone Brewery" I had two of their beers at the recent Derby Beer Festival and very nice they were .nt
                        I am also retired (early) and have accumulated far too much photography equipment. (Can one really have TOO much?)
                        Colin

Comment

2 beers or not 2 beers? that's the question........ I hope it's the real thing (me being a member of CAMRA) I recently came across a new (to me) brewery from your neck of the woods "Tapstone Brewery" I had two of their beers at the recent Derby Beer Festival and very nice they were too.
                          I am also retired (early) and have accumulated far too much photography equipment. (Can one really have TOO much?)
                          Colin
                          P.S. I used to like farm machinery..... now I'm an extractor fan.
                          Last edited by collywobbles; 23-07-2015, 08:40.

Comment

Welcome John. You're fitting in here rather well
                            Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Hi John and welcome.

Bill.
                              7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
                              X