Droste Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Droste Effect

I know this has been done before but I've been struggling to find a way to do it on a Mac. Photoshop CS5 and earlier supported the PixelBender plugin but latest versions do not. It can be done with Gimp using the MathMap plugin but it's not available for the Mac. However, the author has created a stand-alone version of MathMap which is a bit tricky to use.

Droste_Image by Greg Smith, on Flickr
    Last edited by gregsmith; 24-07-2015, 10:10. Reason: Something went wrong with original post.
    Greg Smith
    EOS 600D plus various lenses and filters
    My Picasa Albums
    My flickr Albums

Re: Droste Effect

Interesting - you can get a similar but very different effect using the polar coordinate filter in PS CC
    James
    James Boardman Woodend
    www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
      Interesting - you can get a similar but very different effect using the polar coordinate filter in PS CC
      James
      Yes I had a look at that but it doesn't seem to have any variable controls. There's also 'Twirl' but that doesn't quite do what I've done here.
      Greg Smith
      My Picasa Albums
      My flickr Albums

Comment

Nicely done Greg

Tom

Comment

A good effect but is spoilt a bit by the hands and whatever the gold things are - if you could get rid of those at the start so it just formed a spiral of the clock face it would be better

I did something along similar lines last year using a photoshop action back in time

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
            A good effect but is spoilt a bit by the hands and whatever the gold things are - if you could get rid of those at the start so it just formed a spiral of the clock face it would be better[/URL]
            The original:

clock by Greg Smith, on Flickr
            Greg Smith
            My Picasa Albums
            My flickr Albums

Comment

Working...
            X