Verona- City of Dreams- 5th July 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verona- City of Dreams- 5th July 2010

Verona was too beautiful and thought I'd post these separately. All C&C's welcome.

(i) The largests amphitheatre out side of Rome. Slight distortion due to wide angle lens.

(ii) Dante- in the city centre

(iii) Colourful masks in the open market- city centre.( Bought a couple for my church fete next month- fuddy daddy no more!!!)

(iv) Stage sets opposite the amphitheatre

(v) Another lot of stage sets

(vi) "Angels" about the streets.

Last edited by Nathaniel; 14-07-2010, 09:59.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Verona- City of Dreams- 5th July 2010

Nathaniel

I have just checked these shots against some of your very early contributions to this Forum and these are in a different league altogether. Your recent shots, including these, show clear evidence of some thought behind the shots, regarding subject, composition, point of view, lighting etc.

In short: you are getting a bit good at this "button pressing" game!

Colin
    Colin

Comment

I really like (iii) for its mix of masks and colour and (vi). I also wonder if (ii) would be good as B&W if you're into that type of thing?

Comment

Glen, thanks for your C&C. If you care to,please feel free to edit No ii into monochrome. I am not yet an expert at this. But I think it might look better in B&W.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

My effort at B&W

ef-r

Comment

Rome is a wonderful city, I love it.

You have some great images, my favourite photos from above are iii an vi, I also like the BW rendition that Brian has posted.

Just a thought have you thought about cropping the right hand side off No. iii to remove the non-couloured masks, including the one that is partially obscured by the white hat, if you pulled the right hand side in to the green scarf you may end up with a nice group of masks that sit on on top of the bottom two in a portrait mode. Just a thought for experimentation

Comment

And now mine

At the moment I'm hosting this in my photobucket account.
              Last edited by Glenn; 14-07-2010, 20:49.

Comment

Brian/Glen, I like the B&W image of Dante. It looks more "powerful" than in colour. Muscat, I know what you mean. I will crop no iii and re-post it as shown here. Let me know what you think. I think you meant Verona and not Rome!

Comment

Now we can start guessing which mask you will be wearing at the fete

PS I guess the red one
                  ef-r

Comment

Hi Nathaniel,

I like the cropped picture much better I feel that it shows off the masks much more as the bright white hat has been removed and your eyes are not dragged of to that area and they now stay on the masks and yes it is late, I have been in meetings in London until 7pm and I had a mental block on the geography. Put it down to getting old

Comment

Working...
                    X