Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help please....sending images to a commercial printer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please....sending images to a commercial printer....

Once the couple have decided on which images they want for their wedding album I will be sending them the hiRes files....and they are sending them on to the printing firm.
    What do I need to do to make sure they print ok...bright enough, saturated enough etc
    Do I just make sure the histogram goes upto the right hand side?
    I'm worried that the expensive album will come back with dull images....please help!
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: help please....sending images to a commercial printer....

Brian, most UK print companies, have print profiles available via their web sites. You can download them and use them to soft proof the chosen images.
    However you must have a calibrated monitor to be sure that you are seeing the correct colours. Some will/may also request images in a particular colour space e.g. sRGB.
    You would obviously need to know which printers the couple intend to use.

Have a look at Loxley Colour, other printers are out there [emoji6]

I hope this helps
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Re: help please....sending images to a commercial printer....

Thanks Peter...I have a colour monkey so I can calibrate the screen, and the profiles will help match the printer settings.....but what about the overall brightness. What looks fine on my screen (iMac 27") actually prints a bit dark on my Canon Pro10 - so I increase the exposure in lightroom by 1 stop....then its fine. Having said I have a colour monkey its never been out of the box because colours look fine between screen and print - but does that effect brightness?
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
      X