Clear All

Re: My first MilkyWay attempt

Very nicely done.
    Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew,
      Wow - great astro shot.
      One small piece of advice - a large number of the stars in your picture that lie outside the band of the Milky Way are actually not stars but camera noise. If you engage ' long exposure noise reduction' on your camera next time when you have finished your shot the camera will then automatically take a dark frame for the same length of time . A dark frame is essentially a shot taken but the shutter is closed. Any points of light that appear are revealed in the dark frame - the camera then subtracts this noise image from the original shot to give a ( nearly) noise free final image. If you do this you will find the Milky Way will be given a real extra visual punch.
      Hope this helps - looking forward to seeing more of your astro work.
      James
      James Boardman Woodend
      www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
        Well done Andrew, it looks good to me
        Many thanks Peter

Originally posted by Birdy View Post
        Very nicely done.
        Cheers Andy..

Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
        Hi Andrew,
        Wow - great astro shot.
        One small piece of advice - a large number of the stars in your picture that lie outside the band of the Milky Way are actually not stars but camera noise. If you engage ' long exposure noise reduction' on your camera next time when you have finished your shot the camera will then automatically take a dark frame for the same length of time . A dark frame is essentially a shot taken but the shutter is closed. Any points of light that appear are revealed in the dark frame - the camera then subtracts this noise image from the original shot to give a ( nearly) noise free final image. If you do this you will find the Milky Way will be given a real extra visual punch.
        Hope this helps - looking forward to seeing more of your astro work.
        James
        Thank you very much for the advise, James, I really do appreciate that a lot..I've used LENR a few times in the past, but, never really gave it a thought to be honest, I was just so eager to get the shots once I had the settings right, everything else kinda went out of the window. I'm hopefully going to try again mid October when the moon is near enough nil, just have to hope for a clear night. This next time i'll heed your advice and also try and get a decent foreground in the shot..

To everyone, thank you all very much for all advice and critique on this shot, its all been most welcomed...thank you
        Andy

EOS 6D | 16-35 F/4 | 24-105mm f4L | 50mm F1.8 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 MKII
        Flickr Page
        Facebook Page

Comment

That's a great image, done v well for your first go at it Andrew
          Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
            That's a great image, done v well for your first go at it Andrew
            Many thanks Alan
            Andy

Flickr Page
            Facebook Page

Comment

Niiice...
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                Niiice...
                Thank you
                Andy

Flickr Page
                Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                X