September/October- Sunset to night sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September/October- Sunset to night sky

Roger, that is a very fine photograph of the Parthenon and the Acropolis. I would be very curious to know where you took it from because it is notoriously difficult to get a clear view!

BTW not having been to mainland Greece ever until November last year, I have fallen in love with the country and have now been over four times!

Best

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
      Roger, that is a very fine photograph of the Parthenon and the Acropolis. I would be very curious to know where you took it from because it is notoriously difficult to get a clear view!

BTW not having been to mainland Greece ever until November last year, I have fallen in love with the country and have now been over four times!

Best

Richard
      It was taken from the roof terrace of the Amalia hotel. At this time of year the terrace is not used commercially so I spent about an hour taking pictures as the light varied.

I had only once been to Greece before but when the last bit of bad economic news came through in the summer I decided that the only thing I could do to help would be to was to spend some money there - so I emailed my sisters and a cousin and invited them to a dutch treat. We will probably repeat the outing in the spring.

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by RogerMac View Post
        It was taken from the roof terrace of the Amalia hotel. At this time of year the terrace is not used commercially so I spent about an hour taking pictures as the light varied.

I had only once been to Greece before but when the last bit of bad economic news came through in the summer I decided that the only thing I could do to help would be to was to spend some money - there so I emailed my sisters and a cousin and invited them to a dutch treat. We will probably repeat the outing in the spring.
        Funny that: I stayed in the Amalia for my first visit, but never had the time to even discover the rooftop: I was too busy being entertained by the conference organisers where I was speaking. I will go and visit the hotel again sometime with my tripod.

I was also there as they had the vote in the summer and indeed on the introduction of the banking lock down! My partner's flat overlooks one of the polling stations! I almost ran out of money on the island we visited, but the ATMs were refilled just in time for us to buy petrol! You can see a few photographs of my Grecian visits on my Flickr stream!!!

Best

Richard

Comment

It is not signed but just take the lift to the 7th floor

P.S. I am not sure how helpful a tripod would be - you have to step up quite a big step and then look over a glass screen which is probably higher than most tripods. I took all mine hand held and relied on the 6D's extraordinary capacity to see in the dark to sort it out.
          Last edited by RogerMac; 25-10-2015, 19:54.

Comment

Digital Blending Workflow 11 pn.jpg It was just before clouds are starting to have party - thunderstorm was on its way... Photo was taken on Mt. Mangart, 2679m high peak in Julian Alps - beautiful but on the other hand to dangerous to wait till Moon come out...

Comment

Lovely photograph 3glav!

About time we had a new monthly theme - only 2 yrs on!!!

Comment

A couple of sunsets across Morecambe Bay, using my Canon G12

Sunset Across Morecambe Bay by Stackman1, on Flickr

and a bit later

Sunset Across Morecambe Bay by Stackman1, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X