Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting Pic's of Grandkids

Hi All,

Some may have seen that I posted a Pic of two of my Grandchildren in People and Portraits.

I made a comment in the Original Post that I was aware that not everyone agrees with these sort of Posts and Nat came forward to say that he doesn't agree with it, though he was kind enough to make a positive comment about the Pic.

So, I thought it was an interesting Point and worthy of a discussion.

Has the UK gone too far with this type of thinking? Have the 'few' spoiled it for the many? eg Not now being able to take a Camera to a Swimming Pool to take Pic's of your own Kids or Grandkids??

I wouldn't for example post pics of the Kiddies in a Bath without clothes, but some Parents do on such as Facebook, so who is right and who is wrong?

Regards Paul

Re: Posting Pic's of Grandkids

Interesting thread Paul and I don't wish to discourage you or any other member from posting images of grand children and children in general.I am of course a rather old fashioned conservative sort of chap and I wouldn't expose my grand children or even family members by posting them on the internet, especially knowing how the images could be "messed about" by the criminal elements around us. Yes, I have seen the pics mentioned by you Paul. I also thought the forum had a rule that members posting pics of small children, even grand parents should have the permission of the parents. Certainly, I wouldn't take my camera near a swimming pool or school concert or playground without the permission of the authorities. Yes, I agree that the few rotters have spoilt it for the majority of us.

P.S I have a grand daughter,aged 10years now, and she takes part in quite a few of her school activites such as Plays, choir and so on and much as the parents would like me to take pics of her, they have told me that photography was not allowed in and around her school- although I have got full CRB clearance from my Cathedral and also from my GD's school,which allows me to take her to her school sometimes. End of story.
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 13-10-2015, 09:17.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I have 2 grandchildren aged 3 & 1, the 3 year old is a delight in front of the camera and I love taking pics of him.

However his mum, my daughter in law, would not want me to put them on the web - and that's Law as far as I'm concerned!

I'm very sad that we have now reached this stage where Innocence is well and truly lost due to the unspeakable minority, but that's the way it is.
      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post

I'm very sad that we have now reached this stage where Innocence is well and truly lost due to the unspeakable minority, but that's the way it is.
        Perhaps due less to the unspeakable minority than the rampant paranoia induced by our rather hyperbole riddled media...
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Perhaps due less to the unspeakable minority than the rampant paranoia induced by our rather hyperbole riddled media...
          Yes, that too.
          Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

In fairness to the media, they have a duty to publish such anti-social/criminal activities otherwise, we the public will not know what is going on around us. Having lived in third world countries where freedom of speech/publication is denied, it is a delight ,in a way, for me to live in a democratic society like ours and know what is going on around me- although I might not agree with what is being aired/published.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

I have hundreds of pictures of my own children growing up, on holiday, with their friends, with our family, day trips away, in the paddling pools....you get the idea, and an integral part of it for me was taking these pictures to work, or to other members of family, or to anyone who wanted to look really, to proudly show them off. Now I don't work, and some of our family have moved away, I use Facebook to show pictures of my grandchildren instead. It saddens me greatly that we live in a world where things have happened that cause people to think this is wrong or shouldn't be done, it was a lot simpler and more innocent when I was little.

By the way Paul, a great picture of your grandkids, one to be proud of.
              John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

John, I too have got actually thousands(slides) of my two children taken when they were small and now I have the pics of my grand children as well. However, I do not put them on the web/internet for the reasons given above by me but I am happy to show prints of them when friends and relatives visit me, or I will send my relatives copies if requested. For me, my family are personal to me and not for strangers to look/oggle at them. That is MHO.
                Last edited by Nathaniel; 13-10-2015, 14:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                  I also thought the forum had a rule that members posting pics of small children, even grand parents should have the permission of the parents.
                  I am not aware of any specific forum rule about this.

As a general rule you should have the permission of the person photographed to publish any images in which they feature. If the the subjects are under 18 years of age, you need the permission of their parents or guardians.

A few years ago a member posted some images of his grandchildren on this forum. Shortly after I received an email from the father of the children threatening legal action if I did not remove the images immediately.

Some photographers seem to think that posting an image on a forum, or on Facebook, is different to seeing it printed in a magazine. It is not. In law, all these examples are regarded as publishing.

Some wedding photographers write into their contracts that the images they shoot can be published anywhere. If you are shooting portraits in a studio, or outdoors, make it clear to the subject that you might publish the images - a model release form, while not essential, is useful proof of this.

In some countries, taking candid photos of people without their permission is an offence.
                  Robert
                  robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

heres my "little boy'
                    I heard the sonic boom when he passed certain point
                    Scary lad

Ok, yer got a degree by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

Comment

Good to see you back. I hope you are keeping well or as well as one can expect despite anno domini and all that jazz!

Comment

Working...
                      X