Personal details?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal details?

I notice on lots of the posting at the foot there may be details of camera gear or web site info. My question is how to you go about entering those details?
    :- Mike

7D Mk II, EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM / EF-S 10-22 USM/ EF 70-200mm f2.8 L USM/ EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 L IS II USM / EF 100 f2.8 L Macro IS USM / Speedlight 430 EXIII-RT / Sigma Ring Flash EM-140DG

Re: Personal details?

I think your talking about flickr - If you use flickr it will post the image name & weblink to view full image and access to camera details and settings used (assuming you don't block the details )
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I think he means the signature mate rather than the Flickr info ... It's only visible on the web it's not visible on tapatalk

Comment

I think you are talking about people's signature blocks on the forum. Click on Settings, top right (not My Profile as you might expect) then Edit Signature on the left hand side. Hope that helps.
        Canon EOS 7D
        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

AlexR is quite right here. IMHO giving one's equipment details enables a knowledgeable member to tailor the advice given to the equipment one has got. For example when Jeff tells me that with the camera I have got, you can't auto focus with say a Kenko HD 1.4x convertor, thats good advice,meant well.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
            AlexR is quite right here. IMHO giving one's equipment details enables a knowledgeable member to tailor the advice given to the equipment one has got. For example when Jeff tells me that with the camera I have got, you can't auto focus with say a Kenko HD 1.4x convertor, thats good advice,meant well.
            Just in case anyone is confused by this, I should point out that it is the lens which is the issue here, not the camera.

I have the Kenko Teleplus HD 1.4x DGX converter on an EOS 100D on my desk as I type. I don't have a large selection of lenses to hand, but there are no focusing issues with the EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro.

I have swapped this for the EF 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 II USM. A 1.4x converter loses one stop of light and the EOS 100D should not autofocus when the maximum aperture drops below f5.6. So I would expect the lens to autofocus at 28mm, but to lose autofocus at 105mm. In fact, autofocusing operates throughout the full zoom range. I have yet to carry out detailed tests, but the viewfinder image appears sharp at near and far distances.
            Robert
            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I should have stated "equipment + lenses".I was of course referring to the 100D + EF-S 55-250mm + Kenko teleplus 1.4x DGX auto focus capabilities. Furthermore,based on Robert's comment,an EF-S ,(compatible), lens attached to the Kenko convertor can be attached to a full frame camera as well- which is a real bonus to those who have both a crop and a full frame camera body.Thus for example I can attach the Canon 55-250mm EF-S lens via the convertor to my Canon 6D camera body!
              Last edited by Nathaniel; 16-10-2015, 13:20.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by HLR Seagull View Post
                I think he means the signature mate rather than the Flickr info ... It's only visible on the web it's not visible on tapatalk
                agree that does seem to be the case - I got it wrong
                :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

"To list or not to list, that is the question"

There was a time when I listed my 'kit' in the signature area, then member here (I can't remember who) accused me, and others that do so, of 'Willy Waving'.

So, I removed the info, and haven't included it since.

Personally, I like to see these details listed, but clearly there are those that see it as boasting, or as I was told 'Willy Waving'.

As the saying goes, "you can please most of the people most of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time".

Dave
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_S View Post
                    "To list or not to list, that is the question"

There was a time when I listed my 'kit' in the signature area, then member here (I can't remember who) accused me, and others that do so, of 'Willy Waving'.

So, I removed the info, and haven't included it since.

Personally, I like to see these details listed, but clearly there are those that see it as boasting, or as I was told 'Willy Waving'.

As the saying goes, "you can please most of the people most of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time".

Dave
                    Too be honest that was probably a case of the green eyed monster appearing. I look at some peoples kit list and get quite envious, however I know how much those people have worked hard and saved/sacrificed to be in a position to purchase their kit. I WILL get there on day.
                    1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
                    Facebook
                    www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

It could well be so Paul.

Although since then my kit is now all pretty much high end stuff, at the time it wasn't, so my 'willy' was nothing to be envious of (lol)

Dave
                      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_S View Post
                        It could well be so Paul.

Although since then my kit is now all pretty much high end stuff, at the time it wasn't, so my 'willy' was nothing to be envious of (lol)

Dave
                        Fair enough Dave I put mine on originally so that anyone viewing my images was able to see my kit and give advice based on available kit.
                        1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
                        Facebook
                        www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by paulr5604 View Post
                          Fair enough Dave I put mine on originally so that anyone viewing my images was able to see my kit and give advice based on available kit.
                          That is the very reason that I have included my kit and I don't care what anyone else has got. It is also easier to give advice to a member when you can see the sort of kit he/she has got.

Comment

As I said, I like to see what kit people are using, which is why I used to include mine, until this particular member accused me of "willy waving".

I wish I could remember who he was, as I would name him, and ask him to explain his view to us all.

In fact why not open up this subject for discussion and see what members think?

Dave
                            Dave

Comment

I find it helpful knowing what kit folk use as it is guiding me towards the right choice of upgrade body after Xmas, I haven't listed my kit because as a techno-phobe, I can't get any pictures on here for you to appraise.
                              Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Working...
                              X