How fast does a Canon mirrorless camera focus pleae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fast does a Canon mirrorless camera focus pleae

I'd appreciate some user feedback om using Canon mirrorless cameras such as the EOS M2, I have been a Canon user ever since the film EOS 650 and have the usual investment in lenses and experience!

I am going on a street photography course and tried out the techniques using my 100D (using LiveView and touch to focus), the idea being to be discrete and to be able to do grab shots quickly.

I love the 100D as my backup camera but using it in this way it really showed up how slow it was to focus, before I go out and buy a Panasonic Lumix (as recommended by the course lecturer) I'd like to find out just how fast an M3 or M2 focuses using touch on LiveView.

The Lumix I tried focused instantly hence the question

thanks
    EOS5D3, 100-400 IS USM, 24-70 IS USM f4 and a 100D + small lenses for my briefcase

Re: How fast does a Canon mirrorless camera focus pleae

I do not use my 100D in live view mood for street photography. One has to be discrete and I use the view finder & my 55-250mm lens.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thank you Nathaniel I agree, however, I am am interested in just how fast a Canon CSC, such as an M2, focuses using touch on LiveView
      EOS5D3, 100-400 IS USM, 24-70 IS USM f4 and a 100D + small lenses for my briefcase

Comment

I think the best way to answer your question is to go to a shop and try various models. My experience is that the Olympus pen and OM-D and Fuji XT-1 are pretty instant, while the Fuji x-pro1 is slow- that's my total experience for what it's worth.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I haven't timed my M3, but it doesn't seem slow to me, especially when compared with the original EOS M. I use the M3 all the time now when travelling, for its light weight ( as an outfit with 3 lenses) and lack of bulk when compared with any DSLR and lenses.
          Quentin

Comment

Working...
          X