1d iv memory card choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1d iv memory card choice

Just wondering if any of you could advise me if there's one card better than the others and what do you use most SD or CF.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Re: 1d iv memory card choice

The 7DII has twin slots as well and I tend to use SD rather than CF cards now as they are easier for downloading to my laptop which like most has a SD card slot but not CF. Faster cards are better and both Dee and I use 32 gig Lexar Professional 633X

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Ithink you will find that a high speed compact flash will be better ,if more expensive ,but as Stan says a s.d card will do the main criteria being a fast write to speed as this will speed the buffer up

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

CF everytime, known to be quicker than the SD every time. I used to just keep the SD in the camera as a back up in case I got carried away before swapping cards.

.DAVID.
          Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

I use a pair of Lexar 1066x 32gb CF cards in my 1DX, they are UDMA 7 cards.

These ones, but I suppose it's a matter of taste, I bought them from these guys too

Last edited by TonyT; 27-10-2015, 19:05.
            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by David Stallard View Post
              CF everytime, known to be quicker than the SD every time. I used to just keep the SD in the camera as a back up in case I got carried away before swapping cards.

.DAVID.
              Same as Dave, CF for RAW and SD for jpeg or if a run out of room on the CF
              Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

There is a lot of choice out there - I use both CF and SD cards in my mkiv (both Scandisk extreme pro 32GB). I set both for raw in case I get the dreaded card full message - it happens sometimes because I am not disciplined enough :-)

this one I would have missed if I had not been able to do a quick fumbled change over :-)
                C39C5185 by Dave Godfrey, on Flickr

cheers
                Dave

Comment

I plan to get a CF card in the second slot and try it out as it's faster, I have a couple of SD cards as well.

Comment

I use CF and SD in my 7D2. The SD card is there for overflow if the CF Card gets full. Both are 16GB cards.
                    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Working...
                    X