Upload from Flickr problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload from Flickr problem??

I've just been making one of my rare attempts to upload an image to the forum but have come across a strange problem with Flickr. I open Flickr, select the image and click on the share icon. This takes me to the screen with share, embed, email, BB Code links, but there is only a highlighted web link in the text field. If I click on BB Code, the screen becomes greyed out with nothing on screen. I have checked all my settings, security etc. and the Flickr FAQs to no avail.

Can anyone please offer any thoughts??

Re: Upload from Flickr problem??

mmmm thats odd I have all options
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Yes me too. In fact just upload two shots without a hitch. Could it be browser related?
      Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Thanks for the replies, chaps!!
        Seems to be fixed now. It would appear that the shortcut on my desktop was the culprit, but it worked perfectly well until the latest automatic update to Windows 10. Isn't that odd??

Comment

Windows 10 is causing a few glitches with running some applications.
          Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Just testing as it seems not only does Windows 10 not allow copying of flickr images on Edge, but it now seems the un supported |Explorer isn't working either.
            Slow Worm by R MAURINS, on Flickr

Comment

Oh well it worked at least, Slow Worm on a cold day in the Glens yesterday.

Comment

I always use flickr to post images on the forum. The transferred images are good but the flickr images are always much better. So very often members take a look at my original flickr images before they comment.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

It's a software problem Nat, Windows 10 doesn't allow you to copy and Explorer is no longer updated and supported by Microsoft, so it may well be that I won't be able to post images soon. The bbc code appears on explorer, but the save option is no longer there, I have to right click and copy it.

Comment

I use Firefox or Google Chrome as my browser- depends on what I am doing. I use firefox more often. Seems to work OK. This is one of the main reasons I am hesitating about upgrading my Windows Vista to Windows 10.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I was told to use Chrome Nat, I do have it, just need to get round to using it, lazy really.

Comment

I have just noticed that the photos from flickr say, static. I am lost as it use to show the photo without having to click on the link. Google Chrome browser I am using.

Comment

Please forget my above post, it is now all sorted out.

Comment

Working...
                          X