Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDR AEB Canon EOS 100D

This is all very new to me.

I am interested in HDR. I have worked out that there is HDR Built into Camera - SCN Mode - HDR Backlight Control.

What I would like to try is HDR with AEB. I have following settings in mind:

AV Mode
    Set AEB - 2 stops
    ISO 100
    Shoot Mode 2 sec

Will use tripod and jpg. I need to read up on raw before I consider that.

Anyone got a view?

Keith
    Canon EOS 100D Digital SLR Camera, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens.
    Serif PhotoPlus, Serif MoviePlus

Re: HDR AEB Canon EOS 100D

If you use the built in feature will it give you also the single files? or just one Jpg

theres no hard rule whether you go 2 stops or less it depends on how big the range is, you could only need 1 stop either way

yes keep the ISO as low as possible

unless the shutter speed is dropping low I never use a tripod
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
      If you use the built in feature will it give you also the single files? or just one Jpg

theres no hard rule whether you go 2 stops or less it depends on how big the range is, you could only need 1 stop either way

yes keep the ISO as low as possible

unless the shutter speed is dropping low I never use a tripod
      I agree. However, the smaller the range of stops you use then the more natural the resulting HDR final image will look.
      James
      James Boardman Woodend
      www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Thanks Tigger, probably best to get on with it. From what I have read, I believe that built in feature just give you the one image.

Keith
        Canon EOS 100D Digital SLR Camera, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens.
        Serif PhotoPlus, Serif MoviePlus

Comment

in that case I wouldn't use it - I have the option of either and sometimes the camera does get it wrong

just bracket the shots and process it yourself

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
            I agree. However, the smaller the range of stops you use then the more natural the resulting HDR final image will look.
            James
            agree, the last few I've done I've bracket 5 shots so it gives you the flexibility when processing, I've even set up 7 & 9 brackets as a custom setting but not used it yet

Comment

Working...
            X