Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get my photos in a shop for a display

hi!

What is the best way to get a picture in a shop for a display and for a sale? Did I do anything wrong?

I have been in a florist shop today to ask if I would be able to display one of my flower pictures. I have offered them I would get it all done, the framed print and they could sell how much they want it for, but I would like to have a certain amount of money, if they would sell it.
    The lady didn't seem interested at all, she had excuses as they get free pictures from Interflora, and they are going to refurbish the shop, but wouldn't have any space for any pictures. She didn't even bother to look at my portfolio.

Does someone has some tips for me how to do it?

I am trying to earn some extra money with it? This is legal, isn't it?

Re: How to get my photos in a shop for a display

We were approched by a local cafe to display and sell framed prints,This was up for about 8 weeks,Then an old library which is used by local voluntary groups ,and they have been up for ages and some have been sold,as this is done through our camera club .which is a non profit club..we are only allowed to take our cost out...print,mount and frame.anything over goes to the club funds.You should try a few cafes or local voluntry groups,as for being legal you need to sort that out with the tax man...also beware of pro photographers they will tell you that your doing them out of buisness,

Coda
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

thanks for your reply codachrome. I have just found a report from the sun.

it looks like i would need to make my hobby to a part-time business otherwise, if i would make some extra money.
      last year i was thinking already to become a jamie oliver consultant, but couldn't see it would work for me..... But my hobby, taking pictures, that would be just brilliant.
      Last edited by bluerose14; 30-07-2010, 22:03.

Comment

Simple answer, I suspect. A florist is having enough of a job selling her flowers, why would she be interested in trying to sell your photograph?
        Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

I’d give the” Jamie at Home” scam a wide birth – I went to a party recently.
          £20-25 for a mug with a fat, fake cockney mama's boy's logo on it, no way Jose !
          You’d have to be comfortable with ripping off your friends for meagre reward.

Millie

Comment

@ Millie one word: Exactly!!!

Comment

I know this thread is getting old now but here is my view.

There are plenty of small tea rooms, cafes, garden centres and bare coridors out there that would be happy to display your framed images, getting income from them is another story but should someone require a photographer for any reason having your name and details with these pictures puts you in with a chance of getting there before the pro's.

Hospitals are a good one and regularlly updating the images would show you are active.

Florist's would have no interest but garden centres would if you can produce something a bit different, say a rectangular deep frame with 3 soft focus pastel images or one shot divided into three pictures. I think the key is think decor rather than subject content.

You would have to declare the income as you will be offering an invoice, also be prepared to produce many of the same prints.

Hope this helps,

Graham.

Comment

Hi if you are looking to display your photo in front of your shop and show off the peoples then think you should be need to take a photo of your's by a good photographer and edited this photo on a big size of paper like a banners hang in the streets post your photo on this banner and then display this in front of your shop i hope this will be a very out class display for your shop you just try it for one time
                Last edited by Alfred2100; 28-07-2012, 05:55.
                Shop Fronts

Comment

Working...
                X