Yongnua 565 flash problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yongnua 565 flash problems

Thanks folks. The flash works fine when the exposure compensation is increased. Thanks Gordon for your PM advice.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

No worries Nat. it could only really be one of two things, flash compensation set to minus in camera or on flash and the link I sent detailed what to do, mind you on looking at the thread Jeff was also thinking along those lines also, anyway glad its sorted

Gord

Comment

at least thats saved you buying something else you didn't need .next time RTFM

Comment

Nat you are probably getting fed up with this, but reading my camera manual it states that any settings made on the Speedlite will override any settings made on the camera

Alan

Comment

I have noted that Alan. Thanks
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

If this hasn't been resolved, could you post a picture of the back of your speedlight to see the settings?

Garry
              Garry Macdonald on Flickr
              Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

it seems he's sorted it garry ,nat probably touched or knocked the flash gun exposure comp buttons on the rear of the flash gun ,wasn't till i played with mine i realised what it was ,and gord obviously realised as well at the same time .its easy to do on the yongnuos and the display is not as bright as it could be to see it ,but who cares for £50 for a powerful ETTL flash

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                  it seems he's sorted it garry ,nat probably touched or knocked the flash gun exposure comp buttons on the rear of the flash gun ,wasn't till i played with mine i realised what it was ,and gord obviously realised as well at the same time .its easy to do on the yongnuos and the display is not as bright as it could be to see it ,but who cares for £50 for a powerful ETTL flash
                  Glad it's sorted! I have Yongnuos, and I agree with all you say. The instruction manuals don't help much at times either! Another reason I love this forum, so many people all willing to help

Cheers,

Garry
                  Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                  Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

The one thing I must say and agree with Garry is that the instructions manual is not very clear- say it is not in our well known & used "Queen's English"! Anyway, must agree that the members are a willing and helpful lot.

Comment

The one good thing that's come out of this is the fact I have had to investigate it for nat ,and due to that I have given myself a very timely crash course in using both the flash and setting it to the camera ..nice timing nat

Comment

Working...
                      X