forum private message service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forum private message service

just asking a question of a couple of colleagues on the forum when a message showed up telling me I cannot reply as we are only allowed 5 message per hour. Any particular reason for this restriction?
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Re: forum private message service

Yes, it prevents a single user from 'spamming' by sending a lot of private messages within a short period of time.

I can adjust this to allow more messages per hour.

Changes will apply across all users.

Given that this is the first time in six years that anyone has queried the restriction, I am inclined to leave it at five private messages per hour, but can make a change if there is general agreement to this.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

as it is will be fine .

Comment

That's fine with me also, just wondered why.
        Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
          Yes, it prevents a single user from 'spamming' by sending a lot of private messages within a short period of time.

I can adjust this to allow more messages per hour.

Changes will apply across all users.

Given that this is the first time in six years that anyone has queried the restriction, I am inclined to leave it at five private messages per hour, but can make a change if there is general agreement to this.
          Things did get a bit restrictive when I was trying to post often to the forum and some PMs out to people when running the competition this year but I wouldn't change it and am happy for it to stay as it is.
          Andy
          Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
          EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
          [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Working...
          X