Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windmill on f/11

Windmolen by Friso Faber, on Flickr

What about this, the mill on f/11. And I used a function in PSE14, removing nebular. It looks not bad, and I used a grad filter.
    What do you think?
    With kind regards,
    Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Re: Windmill on f/11

I like the composition but to me the right side is too bright offering nothing and the resultant underexposure of the windmill is neither here nor there. I'd think the windmill needs to be well exposed, with a nice sky or further underexposed, with the light behind it. (but I know nada)

Comment

I can see ASK3L point, moving to the left a tad more would have stopped the sun creeping in, you could maybe sort this using the grad filter in LR.. F11 I would say is about right and its a nice silhouette of a windmill
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

As a picture of a windmill it misses, but as an atmospheric shot, split in thirds, it looks bang on to me Friso.
        Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

I think I'd crop to the right of the first tree and raise the shadows on the windmill.....but then you'd probably end up with just another boring standard composition shot of a windmill....I agree it has atmosphere and its your own interpretation of the scene which is more important than following rules for the sake of it. I quite like it!
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
          X