monitor calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monitor calibration

I`m looking to get one of these and would like to know if you need to spend much on them? there seem to be several available and will older versions do the job

Re: monitor calibration

If you don't want to spend a lot of money then the colormunki smile is excellent value and does a decent job with one or more screens. You still need to set your brightness level, but it's worked very well for me. I believe Stan has one too and has said the same about his.
    Paul

Comment

I got the Datacolor Spyder 5 Express a little while ago. Was a lightening deal on Amazon and cost about £55 IIRC.

Anyway, works well and has balanced the 2 monitors I have connected to one of my PC's.

Almost got the colormunki as read loads of reviews and this was suppose to be just as good as the Datacolor.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I believe Stan has one too and has said the same about his.
        yes, very good value easy to set up and works a treat

stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

I just bought a ColorMunki Display and am happy with it. However I found that you need to install their latest drivers to get it to work on some systems. They haven't changed their main software so they haven't updated their downloads, however they have updated the drivers and I'd recommend getting the latest ones to go with any of the X-Rite calibrators (install the software then install this):

Comment

Working...
          X