Canon EOS 700D Maximum Burst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon EOS 700D Maximum Burst

I have recently purchased the above camera and am puzzled about the maximum burst in the camera.
    The instructions state that the burst is shown on the right side of the screen by a number up to 9. On my camera the number usually shown is 3 unless the camera is set to raw where it shows 9 and I have tried it out practically using many variations of image quality.
    It is always 3 rapid shots then it slows down unless raw is selected then it is 9 before it slows down.

I am using a Kingston 32GB 10 rating SD card.

Is this normal for this camera. I have tried to get some info from Canon without success.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

B Harrington

Re: Canon EOS 700D Maximum Burst

You emailed EOS magazine a few days ago with this query. My reply was:

----------
    I suspect that you have ‘Chromatic aberration’ enabled in the ‘Lens aberration correction’ menu (first camera tab on the menu screen).

If you disable this you should find that the maximum burst count for JPEGs in the viewfinder shows 9 and you will be able to shoot 20+ JPEG images without a slow down in fps.

This issue is mentioned on page 130 of the instruction manual, but is not an obvious place to look when confronted by the problem.
    ----------

Did this not work for?
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Working...
    X