...of the North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...of the North

I'd not photographed this before on full frame...so couldn't resist the opportunity this week..

untitled shoot-007-2.jpg by brianvickers

untitled shoot-052.jpg by brianvickers

untitled shoot-022-3.jpg by brianvickers

untitled shoot-032.jpg by brianvickers
    Last edited by @imagesBV; 19-02-2016, 22:49.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: ...of the North

I like very much the last one. Very good work!
    Canon 70D
    Canon 10-22 f3.5-4.5 - Tamron 70-200 f2.8 - Tamron 28-75 f2.8 - Tamron 90mm f2.8 - Helios 85mm f1.5 - Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 - Pentax SMC 50mm f1.4 - Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6
    Flash YN568EX - Trigger YN622C
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/diegopianarosa/

Comment

Very nice set

Tom

Comment

Nice series Brian, well captured. The last one works really well with person giving a sense of scale as she is isolated on the horizon next to the Angel of the North.
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Lovely set, Brian, of what has rapidly became an iconic image. You have got the proportions and composition spot on in every one, but I particularly love the last with the single solitary figure to give the scale and the added drama that you have got in the sky.
          Canon EOS 7D
          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

very nice set
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Great set
              Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Thanks Guys...I'm disappointed I didn't keep the shutter speed up as the figure is a bit blurred at 100%...unless its the distortion of the 17-40F4L.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Looking at the images here I'd say theres nothing to be disappointed about - but if you wanted more speed why not push your ISO up, considering you were at a 100 with the 5D it would go a lot higher with no issues
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Nice series Brian. I like the last image a wee bit better than the others as it shows the metal structure nicely.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Ian and Nathaniel....it was so cold I just went round in 10 minutes and was done....I shouldn't have rushed but it felt like -10C on Thursday. There were two other togs with tripods and cable releases...no I deal what they were doing...there was no clouds to speak of to make a nice blurry sky.......there was nothing you couldn't get handheld......unless they had really old cameras I guess.
                      Message to self...step back, think , take more time!
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Good set of images, got to agree with others last is the pick.
                        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Cracking set, last one for me also, and that figure by the statue gives a good perspective,
                          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

All classic angles for the angle Brian but first time I have seen dusk shots - both last year and the year before we shot on the way do Northumberland, so both times were around lunch. Whilst you do try and wait for people to clear I think one or two really adds to the spence of the scale of the Angel

Stan
                            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                            flickr

Comment

Thanks Guys...I think scale is very important at this site...sometimes you get lucky with whoever happens to be about. That last shot is the best I've ever had there....single figure and facing the right way.
                              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
                              X