Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Sales went down again in 2015

Source: https://lensvid.com/gear/lensvid-exc...ustry-in-2015/
    Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos. :)

Re: Camera Sales went down again in 2015

perhaps they should go back to basics ,leave out the video functions that only a few togs use ,and produce cheaper cameras that we an use .the prices with all the bells and whistles make them a rich mans toy ,take out the bells and whistles and they would sell more ,pile it high and sell it cheap still rings true even in this day and age .if i want to do videos and panoramas i use my i-phone ,i use my camera to take pictures .

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
      perhaps they should go back to basics ,leave out the video functions that only a few togs use ,and produce cheaper cameras that we an use .the prices with all the bells and whistles make them a rich mans toy ,take out the bells and whistles and they would sell more ,pile it high and sell it cheap still rings true even in this day and age .if i want to do videos and panoramas i use my i-phone ,i use my camera to take pictures .
      Isn't this what Canon is doing with the EOS 1300D?

Yes, it still offers video, but at a body only price of £289.99, it is obvious that the video functions cost very little to include. As I have said many times before, video is simply a sequence of still images. Adding video is mostly a software upgrade - there is very little additional hardware needed.
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

yes indeed robert ,and it looks like a camera to look at with interest .i suppose my views are blinkered towards wildlife shooting .canon are coming out with some super low end bodies at the moment as well as top end which can only benefit all of us long term

Comment

I may be missing the point, but does this not just show that there are more alternatives to a DSLR these days, namely phones? So, the hardcore of people who have always used SLR/DSLR are still there, and the people who were buying cameras because there was no viable alternative to take half decent photos at an amateur level, are now using phones, because the quality has improved so much in recent years.
          Garry Macdonald on Flickr
          Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
            I may be missing the point, but does this not just show that there are more alternatives to a DSLR these days, namely phones? So, the hardcore of people who have always used SLR/DSLR are still there, and the people who were buying cameras because there was no viable alternative to take half decent photos at an amateur level, are now using phones, because the quality has improved so much in recent years.
            agree thats my take on it - the new Samsung & Iphones are very good so long as you work within the limitations of the camera, as soon as you start zooming too much or taking photos at night they start to fail - But from what I've heard the new Iphone 7 is going to address some of those problems with its new camera that I think may shoot in raw !! ...

You do get the impression phone manufactures are improving faster than camera manufactures, I suppose bring a new phone out every year means they are constantly hunting for improvements
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Common comment to me since acquiring the 1d, "too complicated those things, I'll stick to my i pad/phone"
              Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Working...
              X