Second attempt in the studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second attempt in the studio

Only my second attempt with shooting people in the studio, still well out of my comfort zone, but really enjoying. Feedback is always welcomed on this image please. Yes, there are some flaws in it, still learning..

Studio Time by Andrew Nixon, on Flickr
    Andy

EOS 6D | 16-35 F/4 | 24-105mm f4L | 50mm F1.8 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 MKII
    Flickr Page
    Facebook Page

Re: Second attempt in the studio

I'm no expert mate but it looks good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave s View Post
      I'm no expert mate but it looks good to me.
      Thanks a lot Dave...Its been quite invigorating, doing something completely new...This and some product photography, enjoying it lots
      Andy

Flickr Page
      Facebook Page

Comment

Not an expert but it is quite a nice shot. The only comment I would make is that the model's nose is slightly unflattering- looks like it is to a slant!
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
          Not an expert but it is quite a nice shot. The only comment I would make is that the model's nose is slightly unflattering- looks like it is to a slant!
          Hey Nat....Thank you very much for the feedback...Her nose was broken quite badly from an accident. I asked her if she wanted me to correct this in post, but, she said no, as its part of her and her life, so I thought that's fair enough..I did just clone out the scar across the middle of it.
          Andy

Flickr Page
          Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks Andy for the explanation. She is a bold girl.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Andy, I think that is a cracking portrait; can't see anything much wrong with it and the lighting is spot on. Maybe the red patch of light catching her parting is a bit distracting, but I'm searching to find the flaws.
              Canon EOS 7D
              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Well done with the lighting

Tom

Comment

Looks good....but I would question that red lighting..is that intentional..Ive never had that effect with my lighting so a bit puzzled.
                  Its a lovely portrait with a sympathetic background.
                  Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

The lighting and pose is great. But like the others the red on the right side is too strong, certainly along her parting. Perhaps desaturate the red a little?
                    Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                      Andy, I think that is a cracking portrait; can't see anything much wrong with it and the lighting is spot on. Maybe the red patch of light catching her parting is a bit distracting, but I'm searching to find the flaws.
                      Cheers Alex...The orange light was done on purpose as she wanted a splash of her favourite colour for one of the shots, so I used a gel on head light..

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                      Well done with the lighting

Tom
                      Many thanks Tom

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                      Looks good....but I would question that red lighting..is that intentional..Ive never had that effect with my lighting so a bit puzzled.
                      Its a lovely portrait with a sympathetic background.
                      As mentionbed above, yes, it was completely intentional, as she wanted this little burst of colour from the back. The others were all done with plain lighting, i'll post one of the normal shots below in a moment...Many thanks Brian
                      Andy

Flickr Page
                      Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
                        The lighting and pose is great. But like the others the red on the right side is too strong, certainly along her parting. Perhaps desaturate the red a little?
                        Thanks for your feedback Alan...I'll ask her about desaturating the orange a little, but, I'm sure I already know the answer...ha ha ha...
                        Andy

Flickr Page
                        Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by atnixon View Post
                          Thanks for your feedback Alan...I'll ask her about desaturating the orange a little, but, I'm sure I already know the answer...ha ha ha...
                          The model is always right Andy
                          Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
                            The model is always right Andy
                            Ha ha ha...being my better half, I'd certainly agree with you there, Alan....ha ha
                            Andy

Flickr Page
                            Facebook Page

Comment

Here is one of the standard shots..These were taken for her social media profiles etc

IMG_6510.jpg
                              Andy

Flickr Page
                              Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X