Nice work
    James Boardman Woodend
    www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Re: Second attempt in the studio

Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
      Nice work
      Many thanks Jim..

When talking about this type of shot, a business head / shoulders....what are peoples thoughts on stray hairs, as in the one above? She wanted to look very clean and smart, but, not look like a "model"..Thus, she said not to bother about the hairs...Her hair is so light and thin, its impossible to deal with without bucket loads of hair spray..I did clone out all the bigger stray hairs, just leaving it as the above to keep the normal feel...What are peoples thoughts on this??

Cheers
      Andy

EOS 6D | 16-35 F/4 | 24-105mm f4L | 50mm F1.8 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 MKII
      Flickr Page
      Facebook Page

Comment

It's a lovely natural pose with good lighting - spot on
        James Boardman Woodend
        www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Yeah thats nice...maybe its a little less bright than the first.
          On the histogram you could take the highlights right up to the nearly blown level...it might make it stand out more....I think your first one was closer to that level...here is one of my studio shots....probably a bit to OTT....I'm not saying its better...just sharing info
          _DSF3978.jpg by brianvickers
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I prefer the pose and lighting to the other Andy to be honest. Strays hairs are natural so should be seen in my view

And I don't want to upset your better half lol
            Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
              It's a lovely natural pose with good lighting - spot on
              Thank you Jim

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
              Yeah thats nice...maybe its a little less bright than the first.
              On the histogram you could take the highlights right up to the nearly blown level...it might make it stand out more....I think your first one was closer to that level...here is one of my studio shots....probably a bit to OTT....I'm not saying its better...just sharing info
              _DSF3978.jpg by brianvickers
              Many thanks for the info and suggestions Brian..I'll have a look on the histograms later on this eve..

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
              I prefer the pose and lighting to the other Andy to be honest. Strays hairs are natural so should be seen in my view

And I don't want to upset your better half lol

Ha ha ha...nor do I, Alan...Thanks matey...I do prefer the first one, I actually really like the splash of colour. Yes, that's kind of my view on the hairs, although am happy to remove messy ones..
              Andy

EOS 6D | 16-35 F/4 | 24-105mm f4L | 50mm F1.8 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 MKII
              Flickr Page
              Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
              X