Hama RMZ-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hama RMZ-14

I recently purchased a Hama RMZ-14 microphone for my EOS 7D. I have tested it alongside the built in microphone & found the latter to be superior. The RMZ-14 exhibits a pronounced background hiss at both settings. I was wondering if I have a faulty one or if the gain is incompatible (ie too great) on the camera, although it is the one sold by EOS magazine. Any thoughts?

Re: Hama RMZ-14

I bought one a while ago and hadn't really tested it......until now. I don't get any hiss but the HIGH setting produces quiet sound and the LOW setting produces louder sound!! This is with myself talking at normal loudness in an otherwise quiet room. There is a lot of interference when switching between OFF, LOW & HIGH, rankly the inbuilt microphone produces much better sound!! Also discovered that there is a small 357x button cell which I had to replace. It doesn't look to be very well put together either, I think I'll stick to the camera (5D Mk2) microphone or invest in a quality alternative. Any body tried any others???
    5D Mk3, 24-105mm f/4L IS, 70-200mm f4L IS, 100mm f2.8L Macro IS, 24mm f3.5L Tilt-Shift,
    MP-E 65mm f2.8 1-5x Macro, Sigma EX DG 12-24mm f4.5-5.6

Comment

Re: Hama RMZ-14

Just read this after my posting about the same problem with the 60D. I am now wondering if it is really intended for a DSLR as well as a camcorder.
      Janet

Canon 90D, 77D, Plus a load of lenses, especially macro.
      http://www.leighcameraclub.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
      X