First Attempt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Attempt!

Studio portrait photography is not my usual fare, but late last year I had the opportunity to have my first attempt.

So this little selection is from that time.

Comments would be welcome.

Taken with a 5D3 and a 24 - 70 f2.8

Robert
    flickr - website - twitter -
    instagram

Re: First Attempt!

Nice pictures...I've had a dabble with studio lighting but I'm no expert...I think you have the overall lighting sorted; in the first one I'd suggest the position of the hands is a bit confusing at first sight.
    Also, there are two catchlights in the eyes....which by perceived wisdom isn't supposed to happen (but I'm not one for sticking to 'rules'.....but it is natural to have only one as there is only one sun and thats the only light source in nature). I've had that effect too and take one of the catchlights out in post processing.
    In the last one there is a shadow on the chest of the upper figure that could be avoided....but thats being really picky.
    This doesn't take anything away from them being lovely shots which describe the relationship between the subjects.
    Not sure if thats the sort of comments you wanted....sorry if not...trying to be constructive only.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Re: First Attempt!

Very well done for your 1st attempt. Even if you if it where your 2nd or 3rd event.

Tom

Comment

First Attempt!

Well done in all three images the subjects seem to be relaxed with both having their portraits taken and each other.
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
        X